Detox

Posted , 5 users are following.

detoxed 3 weeks ago.felt great for 2 weeks.this week I have had trouble sleeping and started drinking again.70 units the last 6 days.i am stopping tonight.will I have bad withdrawal 

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

It's impossible to know Stephen because no-one here knows your general health, your drinking history, whether you have struggled with withdrawals before etc etc.  And even, if we did, no-one here could confirm if you are likely to be safe or not.

When you say detoxed 3 weeks ago, do you mean medically detoxed?  If so, it's probably best to speak to the physician who previously helped you.

Failing that, remember that alcohol withdrawal can be very dangerous. It's nothing to mess with, and best to be safe than sorry. If you begin to struggle, please get some alcohol down you and then consult a physician at the earliest available opportunity.

• Posted

Probably withdrawal yes but not as bad as before. Great that you had the willpower to stop previously. Do not blaim yourself. You can do it. You are strong. Robin
  • Posted

How are you going today? I'm on day two of going from 20 units a day to nothing and so far so good. I do have Ativan to take if I'm freaking out about anything and to help me sleep. Fingers crossed you don't have too many symptoms. 

• Posted

Sarah, you have more nerve than me.  I was 20 a day, but did it really slowly, like 2/3 every few days.  Good luck on your journey - not easy to do.
    • Posted

Basically as soon as my husband told me he had taken the kids I couldn't have another sip of alcohol if I tried. I would have been stuffed if I went into withdrawals

• Posted

That has happened to someone else on here - it stopped them in their tracks.  That is rock bottom for you and the only way is up.

Withdrawals terrify me - my doc gave me 2 weeks Diazepam but because I tapered slowly I have not had any.  Just there in case.

• Posted

High everyone,I am in day 3 of Librium detox.sleep all the time.i relaxed last time due to sleep problems,that caused really bad anxiety,reached for the alcohol and started again.hope the sleep improves after detox finishes
    • Posted

Hi Stephen. Trying hard I see. Pls explain if you reached for the alcohol and also drank it? During detox? Or not? Anxiety the same? Pls explain. Do not give up. Making great efforts.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.