detox at home and drinking alcohol the same day please help me

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi everyone I am new to this website I have been drinking heavily over the last couple years someone close to me died and it totally devastated me I have not left the house much in the last couple years so I am very isolated in my home I have anxiety and a number of other mentalhealth issues which I won't go into for now I am due to have a home detox on Monday they wanted me to go into rehab but as I don't go out the house much this was not my best option as I get very anxious being around people so with a lot of preparation of my doctors and  my mental health team they agreed to detox me at home I am scared about this as I know on that day I would of drank alcohol and I am worried they will not be able to do the detox as anyone else drank alcohol the same day of their detox I would be grateful for any advice thanks

1 like, 53 replies

53 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

If you have no posibility if getting rid of all the alcohol at home and especially if you live with someone who drinks i recommend going to rehab. 

It's not only that there are more chances youmll fail. But also if you do, you automatically lose a bit of hope and belief. Trying to quit, while surrounded by alcohol is only making yourself fail. 

• Posted

If you have no posibility if getting rid of all the alcohol at home and especially if you live with someone who drinks i recommend going to rehab. 

It's not only that there are more chances youmll fail. But also if you do, you automatically lose a bit of hope and belief. Trying to quit, while surrounded by alcohol is only making yourself fail. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.