Devastated over results of Hemorrhoidectomy (pics included)

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi everyone. I recently had a Hemorrhoidectomy 10 days ago. I am absolutely devastated by the results. Every time I look I just want to cry. One of the biggest reasons I did this surgery is because the appearance of my hemorrhoids made me self conscious. I know I’m only 10 days post op so not fully healed, but I truely can not see this healing into a “normal” butthole. I’m so upset over this. sad  can anyone tell me if this is how there’s looked after? And if it did did, how did it look after it fully healed? I feel like my surgeon messed something up. 

(Warning graphic photos)

Hopefully the pictures work, if not I’ll try to post them in the comments...

Moderator comment:I have deleted the links to the images as they went to a site unsuitable for inclusion in the forums. Users can upload images directly to this site by using the icon at the top right of reply boxes.

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

hi there   my surgry might be different. i don,t itch i,m  not  i no pain never did  . and never bleed ata ll.  it,s just a small marble size that is   very soft  and  it pops out every now and than.   sometime it won,t pop out for a few weeks.   but he is going too get rid of it thursday.      he told me my is mild  too small.     on outside
  • Posted

Hello bec1738

Don’t worry everything vil b alright soon it vil heal fully r almost wid in 2 months. N it vil luk like brand new hole as it use to b earlier k 😀 I had my hemoroiductumy 3 months ego n now all k except slight leakage so I use cotton der yup dats it frend 

• Posted

Hi

I had my surgery 8 months ago and i know what you are going through, mine looked ok for a few weeks, then they got worse and now im back to were i started infact worse, it did not work and ive been offered more surgery, i really dont want to do this, i hope you re

• Posted

Dude, this may not work for everyone, but it certainly worked for me. This process is a little painful, but it works. Scrub the daylights with a wash cloth soaked in Dawn dishwashing soap Antibacterial. Do it twice a day. ......, I had them for 20 years and absolutely nothing OTC or prescription worked like this. Good luck
  • Posted

You have only had the operation and everything still has to heal.

How many people see your 'butthole' ?

I would have thought the importance thing should be that you do not have them any more,

• Posted

my wilbe at mild   1    an cutting   and  suppose to take 20 minutes. and   they told me 3 weeks 
  • Posted

Hello,

I'm the same 14 days post hemmoriodectomy. I had 3 internal hemmoriods removed which every now and again, prolasped but the majority of the time they were inside and no problem. So I had the surgery and I've come out with 2 lumps on the outside of the bum, belived it to be swelling, but doctor told me to treat them like an external pile and that one will definitely form into a skin tag. So I've been a little disheartened by the surgery however no great pain or real problems just the aftermath. Reading someones reply to your post gives me hope that theirs cleared in a month or two.

• Posted

yah i had my surgry this morning i,m doing great   my were  grade 1  ok and   i,m doing fine. not alot of pain at all. i can drive tomorrow  walk tomorrow. i,m eatting alo of fruit.  i can go back too running in 4 weeks.    this break will feel good when i go back running.      but i,m oing well.  it  seem like you  and i are te only 2  with  very little pain. everyone else is crying wolf.         i was happy on my he  did the cutting  . i,m please.        i start taking my stool soofer  this afternoon.          and told me i won t poop for a few days.
    • Posted

Just remember to take your stool softener and not not strain when you have a BM. I took a shower after my BM then changed it to baths.

Drink lots of water.

• Posted

i,m doing great   i slep well  walk  outside     i,m sore  but nothing serious    im doing good.  and even poop  this moring .  peeing alot because of alll the water im drinking   alot of water.   last night  i had  whole wheat toast. and a great fruit salad it was good.       today i,m going too have a salid  for lunch        and fruite  salid  tonight   but i,m doing good,,  hew  told me i can drive today   

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.