Devastated, thought I'd cracked it

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi, I haven't posted for some time now. Think the last time I was waiting for an ultrasound. Well that came back all clear but was still getting the same symptoms. Burning, burping, pain under ribs and right side and also losing weight for fear of eating something that may trigger the symptoms. Thought I'd try something different and natural. I started taking strong probiotics on the morning and an aloe Vera tablet at night. Wow no heavy symptoms for four weeks apart from an occasional twinge that would last hour or so. I became a different person, happy with less anxiety eating more, exercising more and generally a nicer person to my wife and daughter. Now two days into a a terrible flare up for no reason whatsoever. Absolutely gutted. Trying to think what I ate but nothing different from the last few weeks. Fed up of going to doctors. Now I feel like I'm back to square one. Don't think this will ever go away.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Did your doctor suggest IBS?  With IBS, symptoms come and go.  Sometimes a food doesn't affect you one week but gives you a flare up the following week.  Stress and anxiety makes it worse.  Is your pain always on the right or does it move about?  If it is IBS, the pain can move all over your stomach. Do you get constipation, nausea or loose stools?

Go back to your doctor and ask for celiac testing, endoscopy, CT and stool tests.

• Posted

The pain seems to travel round my stomach. Just feels like a constant stab with gurgling now and again. But sometimes under the ribs in the right hand side. On Fridat it disappears but today it has come back again. Just don't understand it anymore as haven't been stressed at all due to not having any symptoms for so long. When it comes on I am just so down and low. Cannot cope with this for rest of my life.
  • Posted

Do you diet after finishing antibiotic? Did you drink cafeinn or alcohol? eating fried food? drinking fizzy drink? If not then try to diet and see what happen, good luck
    • Posted

Just wouldn't know where to start with diet. I don't drink fizzy drinks and probably have 2-3 alcoholic drinks just at the weekend. As I said no certain food or drink set it off. It's just random.
    • Posted

Did u go out for a meal or buy something the same but a different brand? Some times different brands contain ingredients that are not in others. Don't worry it will pass the more you worry the worse it will be.

Good luck

• Posted

You should avoid alcohol totally in a month and see how it goes. Good luck
  • Posted

I have this symptoms, which I believe come from anxiety. Because I started to feel this weird pain under my ribs. I started to have costipation also, the pain comes and goes is not there at all times.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.