Developed a rash on inner thighs... Hoping its not herpes

Posted , 9 users are following.

So just as the title says I developed a rash on both on my inner thighs close to my genitals. On the left side the rash is much larger then on the right. From my untrained eye it doesn't appear to classical herpes (bursting blisters and all) but, it still concerns me. I don't have an exact time line of when the rash developed but I noticed it over a week ago. Lets says roughly 10 days. In those ten days nothing has appeared to change regarding the rash. I've experienced no blistering, pus, or scabbing. Up until yesterday, I felt nothing from the area, no itching or pain. However yesterday, a very small ache (barely noticeable) appeared in the same region of the rash. Still no pain on the right thigh or if it's there, I cant perceive it. Most of the red bumps are centered by one of my hairs.

That is pretty much all the information I have. If you have any questions please ask. I will be seeing a doctor tomorrow but when it comes to this type of stuff I like to have as much information as possible.

left thigh

right thigh

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

I think it might be some sort of skin rash. Possibly from the skin rubbing together and/or heat and sweat. The best thing you can do is go to your doctor or walk in clinic. They can swab the area and test it.

• Posted

I've considered these myself but I'm a fairly thin person and I've never had chafing. I considered a heat rash, but I've thoroughly washed the area and have been making an attempt to keep the area cool.

I'm just nervous because I did have unprotected sex a little over a mouth ago. The time line fits, the area fits (though i do believe the inner thighs are a bit more unusual). You're right though just have to swab and hope for the best. I came on here looking for someone who may have symptoms similar to mine and was curious if they could tell me anything.

• Posted

So I went to the doctors today and told me (just by looking mind you... ) that I had folliculitis. The bumps do tend to be centered around where my hair grows so.... I hope hes right but just in case I gave blood an urine for a fun STD panel. I do hope hes right though.

• Posted

So the lab results came back today and I tested negative for everything. I scheduled another test in another 6 months just to double triple check as I know herpes anti-bodies can take a while to form. For now however, it seems Im in the clear. Thanks everyone for your input.

• Posted

It really does not at all look like herpes to me. I think you'll be fine.

• Posted

thats not herpes what so ever, its 1000% folliculitis. try some medicated body was such as octenisan for a few weeks.

• Posted

nice glad you was okay man i have the same thing i think and freaking out. it itches and feels tender when I touch it. it's on my left side and right side no where else. it tends to itch more when. it rubs against my boxers... where did you get the cream or medication for it that helped you?

• Posted

kinda late to this lol but for anyone else this most likely is Folliculitis or keratosis pilaris glad u got help if its not pain or itchiness isnt not that serious but doesnt hurt to get help when u can

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.