Developed red blotch on bartholin cyst?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi Ladies,

I am currently fighting a walnut size bartholin cyst and have been doing sitz baths with and without salt, I recently tried the turmeric and oil remedy, it did not work, and I just tried Phoebe's remedy to no success...yet.

However, I developed a red dime size blotch on the cyst. No sure if its irritated or what's the reason for this and it has now shot my anxiety through the roof.

Any of you lovely ladies encounter something like this?

Any tips and experiences will help this helpless girl!

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hello that is your soft spot created by the sitz baths. This is where it will start to drain. Put a hot towel on it and it should drain.
    • Posted

Thank you for your response. I will continue to do so. Hoping it drains soon , this evil cyst is getting the best of me!
    • Posted

Hi Natashia,

You were right! My cyst just popped!

What a relief!

Thank you again for your response. It helped me rest easy!

XX

• Posted

Hi Andrea I’ve been suffering with these Bartholin Cyst for years I’ve been to several doctors and all the say is it’s just a common thing that happens to very few women. I guess were the few women. Mine come back every 6 months  my very first was the most painful one and the largest.  That was in 2015.  Now  my doctors  are Suggesting surgery. That’s the last thing on my list. Every time they come back I get it drained. I’ve only had one to come in go down on it’s on. I’m strongly thinking about surgery now. Because me and my husband are trying to conceive. And I don’t want nothing getting in the way of that. You should go talk to your obgyn in get to the bottom of it hun. 
    • Posted

Hi Narissa,

This is actually my 2nd cyst. The first one was back in 2010 and now that this happened to me its bringing back bad memories. I forgot what this pain felt like til' two days ago.

Is the surgery the procedure when they will be removing your glands for good? Have you tried taking vitamins or drinking teas to see if any will help prevent them?

I'm wondering if this is heredity or just bad luck! Hope we can find a cure for this once and for all!

• Posted

Hi Narissa,

You were right, my cyst just popped. What a relief!!!

Thank you for your response again, it made me rest easy.

XX

• Posted

I just had the marsupialization surgery. I hope it's a permanent fix for me.

• Posted

Hi Natashia,

Keep us posted and let is know if you are lucky enough to get rid of them for good. These cyst can really take over your life!

Hope all is well!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.