Developing cancer

Posted , 4 users are following.

Has anyone on this forum had lichen sclerosus which has developed into cancer and would be willing to talk about it on here?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Do you have this problem Rosey?

​I was told that the chances that it develops into cancer are very small.  Especially if you look after it well. 

• Posted

No, I have only just been diagnosed but I was curious - I have seen a 4 in 100 possibility quoted which I would consider quite high.  Plus, how long has one had it before actual diagnosis - it varies so much on the individual, and from what I have read may not have been diagnosed at all until "the dreaded itch" rears its ugly head!

• Posted

I have not seen any posting on this forum of people who's LS has developed into cancer. 

• Posted

You are unlikely to develop Vulva Cancer if you keep the Ls from Flareups. I use Clob and I don't get flare=ups such as burning, itching and lesions. I still am getting the skin folds. Just saw my Gyn today and she said if I use the Clob Cream more often, the Skin folding should get better, The LS Cells are deep within the skin and are inflamed by overactive autoimmune system. Even though I am not getting flare-ups, the inflamed cells are still there. You need to see a Gyn that is an expert on LS. My Doctor said that since I don't have flare=ups, I would never see vulva cancer.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.