Deviated septum ?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I got hit in the nose 2 years ago. Ever since my nose feels a little out of place to one side side I use my finger to push it back.

I hear a cracking noise as I do but it sorta helps. As I can breath a little easier on one side.

It's very annoying and I'm also having troubles sleeping die to always having to crack it to be able to breath enough threw my nose and even when I do it's still not 100 percent.

There are no major signs of deformity.

I really really want to be able to breath again and sleep well.

What are my options ?

Thanks in advance.

Hayden

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Dear haden sorry to hear your problem my problem is almost same as yours I didn't get hit but I don't know how it happened but it happened my nose is unbalanced from inside but outside it's perfect so inside my nose bone is unbalanced and also its inner meat you know what I'm saying so sometimes my both nose goes block and then I have to take steam so I've tired homeopathic medicine it's he'll I can't explain it to you that how painful it was so I quited it and went to a hospital the doctor told me that surgery is the only way to get rid of your problem he gave me some medicine to put in nose but I don't think that it's gonna work well so surgery is the only way......

• Posted

The thin wall between the nostrils is made of cartilage and bone, and is called the septum. When this is off-center or crooked, it is called a deviated septum.

A deviated septum may be present at birth, may become crooked during growth, or may be caused by injury to the nose and face.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.