Devices

Posted , 7 users are following.

I want to purchase a device to help me to bring up mucus. I’m considering either one of the acapella devices or a flutter. Any thoughts as to which is best? Thanks. Jean

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hello Jean

I’ve used both of these devices. Personally, I found the flutter reached deeper inside, loosening the mucus a little more. However, you have to be in an upright position to use the flutter. The Acapella can be used lying on your side, which I prefer, as I can lie with my head and chest lower using pillows under my hips, thus helping the mucus to cough up a lot easier.

hope one of then helps you.

Anne

• Posted

I was given an acapella on the NHS. Worth checking whether your GP will prescribe, as they are expensive to buy.
  • Posted

Hi

I use a device called an Aerobika

Which seems to work really well. I am very happy with it.

Glenda.

• Posted

Hi

I use a shaker classic. Best thing I ever use. Use it once in the morning, then use just before bedtime. Five minutes each time

• Posted

I like the Acapella Choice the best.  It is dishwasher safe and it comes apart easily. I have the Aerobika also and it is also dishwasher safe. I like the Acapella best though.
  • Posted

Dear4 Jean.

Two days ago, my respiritory nurse bought me FLUTTER. I have used it three times now and it works very well and has made a big difference. Hope this helps. Graham 2340.

• Posted

Thanks everyone, always useful to find out others experiences. I’ve just got an acapella on prescription so will see how I get on with it. Good to have all this support. Jean

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.