Devils claw

Posted , 4 users are following.

I recently went into my Holland and barots I told the lady's there that I have fibromyalgia and she said that all her friends and family and customs who have got any pains in there joints eg atharitus and fibromyalgia and any other joint pain swear by devils claw so I am trying it out I have been talking it for a few weeks or so my legs doesn't seam to hurt as much there is still a bit of pain my arms are a bit easier so I think not quite sure but it may be doing some good it is £11:99 for 30 tablets its a bit pricey but if they are going to work its worth the money

2 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Shirley 

i use the Devils claw cream on my hands and feet (and anywhere else that aches) It's very mild, but I find it takes the edge off.

Have a nice day 😊

• Posted

I have read good reviews on devils claw. It's important to get a good quality supplement . Also be sure it doesn't interact with other meds you may be taking.

i had tried it years ago didn't really help much. I use a prescription cream and heat,  exercise and eat antiinflammatory foods. Keeps me in much better frame od mind to. Mindful thinking for stress. Also my doc said it's important to have blood levels checked for b and D vitamins . I was low on b and I felt so tired as fibro can have that effect to! Some days it's all good others just slower. 

• Posted

Hi , are there any particular foods that you find helpful ? I'd really like to modify my diet to help me as much as possible . Also can I ask what cream you are using ?  I have terrible back and hip pain . 

Thanks 

• Posted

Yes, check meds first before taking Devils claw, but the cream is ok as its not ingested. And Mindfulness helps with the stress, there is a free online course at the moment. If you google "futurelearn" , go to the site and put in mindfulness it will come up. 

I also found that Deepheat is good for pain relief.

As far as diet goes it's all individual, but lots of people find that to be gluten free is a big help. 

​Hope this helps

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.