Dexilant

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have heard from so many people that dexilant works very well. 

What happened with me is that I was on this medication for about two weeks when we went to a restaurant and I ate spicy foot,  not overly spicy though.

Night after that was horrible, pain in stomach, nausea.  I continued taking dexilant but I did not feel any better. Nothing helped to improve. I started strict diet, tried gaviscon, tums. All was the same. 

At night I got caugh, reflux ( I never had reflux before, at least I never felt it), hoarse voice, clearing my throat and all simptoms of reflux.

I did not know what to do. I never felt that bad. Meanwhile I continued my diet and thought it did not help at all. 

One day it crossed my mind that what if it was dexilant that either cause these  problems or just does not do anything.

Next morning I switched to omeprazol that I used to take. That very day all bad simptoms went away magically but reflux. It is still with me and bothers me a lot. 

is there anybody who experienced anything similar? I would like to know if it was really medication or just coincedance? 

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I too am starting to wonder if I can no longer tolerate ppis. Tried several recently and I'm just getting worse. Tight throat, throat pain, what seems like spasms in my neck or upper chest. I used to tolerate them well, so I'm not sure. I just know I'm scared. The throat pain especially. It's like a stabbing pain in the hollow if my throat. I can't get in to the gastroenterolgist until February and that's just for a consultation. 
    • Posted

For how long have been on pips? 

Why to wait for the doctor for so long? 

Are you on a diet? It really helps a lot if you follow it well. 

• Posted

I took Prilosec and it seemed as time went on that I had more and more symptoms, so I decided to quit taking it after 1 year of taking the medicine, I weened myself off and noticed all the symptoms disappeared after a few weeks of stopping the medicine
    • Posted

What simptoms did you have while taking Prilosec? 

Does that mean that when you quit taking Prilosec you got cured or you still have stomach problems? 

• Posted

No I am not cured but doing better, My main symptom before taking any medicine was shortness of breath it was awful.  Then when I started taking the prilosec it helped the breathing some what but I had a sour stomach at least once a day, my stomach would feel weird after eating sometimes i would get pain I am not sure if it was my stomach or intestines, so I upped the dose thinking I was getting worse, but when I did that all my symptoms got worse, so i took one pill instead of 2 when i did taht I noticed my symptoms lessoned so I decided to ween myself off them, now my breathing is pretty much normal I can't stay away from coffee which does effect it.  and i get a sour stomach about once a week now.  At first when I was weening myself off I did get a little gerd but all that passed after a few weeks of no pills

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.