DGHal-RAR Procedure

Posted , 4 users are following.

Please can somebody who has had the procedure tell how long it takes for the pain to subside? 

I am nearly 4 weeks post surgery and still have pain.

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

You need to have it re checked immediately. 

It’s not right. 

👌

• Posted

Thanks for your reply.

Have you had this procedure?

• Posted

I am more than 2 months post op and still in pain. I have seen the surgeon and he can’t find a reason for the pain. I really don’t know what to do either. While the pain isn’t as severe as before the op, it’s fairly bad and also lasts for more that 6 hours after a BM 
    • Posted

Hello,

Sounds just the same as me, it is horrible isn’t it.  I am worried as I am supposed to be going back to work but can’t like this .

I find sitting in a Sitz bath straight after helps. It is very difficult to go out as there is no pattern to my bm’s.  are you like that?

• Posted

Yes I have the same problem. I never know when I will have a BM and when I need to go, I have to go immediately. Then I have a whole regime at home with sitz baths so I never want to go out. The doctor has told me he can’t see anything wrong with me and he sort of made me feel like I’m imagining it! But it’s very real and I am just hoping that it will improve slowly with diet changes and drinking water etc because I really don’t know what to do anymore 
  • Posted

I am 37 yr old man. Active job. Fit. Good diet etc etc... 

I had what both the doctor and I originally thought were piles. 4 years a go. 

I was given ALL the creams at various stages. Non worked. The pain would come and go. 

I had A&E hospital trips and kept in on morphine drips. 

I’ve had an ambulance come to my house and stretcher me out and drive me to hospital, resulting in diagnosis of FISSURE. I had Botox in my anus under general. Kept in hospital for five days. 

It didn’t work. I then went private. Had LIS surgery with epidural. 

I then developed a peri anal abscess

Which was cut open whilst I was on holiday! It’s been healing since...

This was all over the course of four years.  

I know the pain. It’s horrible. I spent ten hours at least ....a day, literally on my tummy clawing the carpet with every heart beat! There was no pain relief for the horrendous spasms!! 

I am now back at work. I use the gym. I am active all day and I manage my BMs. I have NO pain and my diet is good. I eat what I like. 

I have learnt a few things for people with bum problems, whatever problems they are: 

Change the same measure of your diet to the same measure increase in fibre....Don’t eat MORE of it... it makes your stools bigger!

Don’t take codine products

Don’t take morphine.  They both make you constipated. 

Miss lunch. 

Eat less generally but drink loads of water.

BM in the morning if you’re off work and deal with the pain.You need your sleep at night.

Don’t use baby wipes, they dry your natural oils.  Baby oil helps. 

Don’t wipe your bum with paper EVER again. Just shower. Don’t use any soap products. 

GET EXPERT ADVICE. GP IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH.   

Don’t mess about with creams etc. This is not gonna heal on its own!!!!!

Be active and pushy and get someone to sort it.   For me it was instant relief after surgery. 

I wish you the best of luck... and although it may seem to you right now that all hope is lost... I can truly say, you will get your life back. 😃💪🏾

• Posted

A lot of truth here! No one understands the pain involved with a CAF! 

All your advice is spot on too:

No soap

No toilet paper

No wipes 

Water only

Drink more water

• Posted

Wow, that does sound utterly horrendous. So glad that you are out the other side now and managing your lifestyle as you can.  

Thank you for your honestly, I wish they would tell you how it actually is so you can make a calculated choice instead of having to deal with the hideous pain 

I offered to talk to any patients at my GP’s surgery who have had this as they hadn’t dealt with anyone before who has had this surgery. All you need is for someone to tell you that the pain is ‘normal’ and it will go eventually and how to manage your diet, fluid intake and what medication not to take.  

I wish I had posted on here when I was really struggling in the beginning.  

This pain was truly worse than child birth, bearing in mind the registrar that delivered my first child was sacked after making a massive mistake resulting in 70 stitches!  I was driving 2 days after that.  

Today is the first day I have driven in 4 weeks.  

I am not a lightweight when it comes to dealing with pain, this has knocked me sideways. 

Thanks 

• Posted

Totally agree, I feel like I spend my life in the bath only place to get some relief. 

Have you tried instillagel, it is an anesthetic so after your bm and bath apply to your outer area and it relieves the pain really helped at night with sleeping. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.