Dgl licorice

Posted , 10 users are following.

Hi, has anyone ever tried this for reflux symptoms?

Thanks!

1 like, 18 replies

18 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Yes it's brilliant! And for pancreatitis. razz
    • Posted

Thankyou!! I'll be buying some then !! biggrin
  • Posted

i have the liqcorice tea at work, and find this really has a soothing effect on me, i have gastric reflux, which whist teaching has its moments on me, has any one use liqcorice sticks in there tea, or use them to chew on, it is a lot cheaper than any thing else.  

• Posted

I did buy some of the twinnings tea bags but I only had One as I thought they were just too horrible to stomach, I think ill go to Holland an Barrett & try the tablet form! 
    • Posted

Hi,

I had the same reaction when I first tried the Tea bags so I didn't touch them again for months. Recently I tried it again and discovered that the reason they tasted awful the first time was because I had added sugar. Now I drink them without adding anything. Tastes a little woody on first sip, but drink it slowly and seems to taste sweeter with continued sipping.

does it help, hmm, I'm not entirely sure yet. My throat feels a little better for a while afterwards.

I'm interested to try to DGL licorice if I can find it here in Australia.

Also it makes a good alternative to tea or coffee, especially since I would normally use sugar in tea or coffee, and sugar is something we should avoid for various reasons.

Regards

Robert

• Posted

GoSh! I am on google since morning reading aboit this hah! They have an offer on ib holland and barret so I am going to buy it today after work. Will Keep updated on it smile does anyone know if I should take the HCL pepsin with it to increase stomach acid?
  • Posted

I was in doubt if I should try this or milk thistle but I will guve this a go for two weeks first as I read it actually helps with healing aswell. But read some very good reviews about milk thistle too. Has anyone tried that?
  • Posted

I bought some yesterday, was quite expensive at £13 for 100 but the reviews say it's probably worth it! I'll let you know how I find it.
    • Posted

Hello did you try these then and has it helped at all? I felt better fot few days so did not try anything but I can feel the pain coming back slightly? So wondering if it will help?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.