Di I haveHypnagogic Hallucinations or Something Else?

Posted , 1 user is following.

OK. Hypnagogic Hallucinations is the closest I come to describe what I am experiencing.

But it aren't just shapes or faces I see. It a whole story I'm experiencing immediately when I close my eyes.

Also, I don't have to wait for me to even beginning to fall asleep. When I am really very tired, sit comfortably and just close my eyes, that is enough to start dreaming, while I am still awake. I just have to open my eyes and it stops immediately.

It is not just seeing things, it full on dreaming, as if it is a real story.

It all started after eating something and contracting blood poisoning. It was horrible. I could not use any muscle or it immediately cramped up. I could only lay down and didn't even dare move. Than it began. Everytime I closed my eyes, I started dreaming as is I was vast asleep and it was if I was dreaming at 200 miles an hour. My brain was racing at those moments. It was so horribly tiresome, and sleeping was just impossible. I just could not close my eyes for more then a 'blink' moment .

After the blood poisoning, it seemed I kept a remnant of these waking dreams. Sometimes, when I am extremely exhausted, while not performing any task, I might start dreaming again every time I close my eyes. Really dreaming, until I open my eyes. It is really bizarre.

So, do I have Hypnagogic Hallucinations or is it something else?

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.