Diabetes

Posted , 4 users are following.

Sometimes I feel very hungry, especially in the morning, yet sugars could be at 10 or so.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hello Tom, I know what that feels like. I always make sure I start off with a high protein breakfast. This way it will keep my blood sugar from spiking. After that take a walk and your sugar will go down . Diet and exercise are always the key. Take care !
    • Posted

My problem is before bed at night when I get suddenly get hungry. And eat to stave off a hypo. Seems ok during the day, leading these days, to a 10 level in the morning. Im usually around 7 or 8 in the morning.
    • Posted

Just had a 4 reading after walk after dinner this evening. I was 10.6 before dinner so it dropped a lot. I injected 17u of humalog mix 25/75 before dinner. After the 4 reading, I ate 3 energy tabs. Also 2 slices of soda bread with cup of tea. Feel ok. Didnt get super hypo. I may have avoided a big one. I have to go easy on the walking. Insulin and walking go well together it seems. Also ive lost about 4kg in weight in the past year. Beginning to wonder if that has anything to do with it. I wont check sugar level now. It would be nice if diabetics could also check the amount of insulin left in circulation. Thats a problem with hypos. A person doesnt know is there still insulin bringing it down further.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.