Diabetes. And itchy skin

Posted , 3 users are following.

Why does my skin itch at night.  I have diabetes 2 and it's under control

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hello

Itching is often caused by diabetes. It can be caused by a yeast infection, dry skin, or poor circulation. When poor circulation is the cause of itching, the itchiest areas may be the lower parts of the legs.

You may be able to treat itching yourself. Limit how often you bathe, particularly when the humidity is low. Use mild soap with moisturizer and apply skin cream after bathing.

People some times are prescribed anti itch creams or even antihistamine pills at bedtime to help. Increasing water intake, and using moisutizers as well.

Make certain your laundry soap/conditioner etc is not something you are allergic/sensitive to on your bed clothes also.

Lill

• Posted

You are welcome Sandy~ having night time itching myself, I can appreciate just how terrible it is...even though mine is not related to diabetes.

Hope you can get this under control soon!

Lill

• Posted

Hi

i too have looked into neuropathic pain.  I have symptoms of diabetes neuropathy. I have tremors in my legs and my gait is unsteady.  I have resorted to taking Aleve in the morning.  I also need a cane in the morning. By noon I am feeling better.  My diabetes is well controlled with a small dose of Metformin.   I also have spinal stenosis. So, I'm trying to work this all out. I have always been active but now I am 77 and trying to keep up.  

Sandy

• Posted

Hello Sandy

Have you ever had an MRI on your back Sandy?

If  so what did it indicate, other than the specific stenosing.

Lill

• Posted

Hello Sandy---- i have itchy skin because of my kidney diease  probelms  it can also be caused through thyriod probelms
    • Posted

Hi

Thanks for your reply. I'm going to get to the bottom of all this

Sandy

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.