Diabetes Insipidus...or is it? A possible cure?

Posted , 22 users are following.

I am creating this thread in the hope it can be a place of hope and support for those with diabetes insipidus (or health issues that mimick this condition) and also possibly provide information to help some people resolve their symptoms, or dare I say it, find a cure.

First, please let me state I am not a medical professional so please do your own research, I'm am just sharing my thoughts and ideas.

From my research over the past 2 years I have reached the conclusion that many people diagnosed with cranial diabetes insipidus, particularly idiopathic cranial diabetes insipidus may have a different underlying condition that may be causing their symptoms and may actually be able to resolve these issues and possibly cure the disease.

I find new cases whenever I look, of diabetes insipidus that has gone into remission or gone away after a patient has taken certain medications for conditions not thought to be related to diabetes insipidus.

There seems to be a link between immunosuppressent drugs given to patients that has often resulted in the symptoms of diabetes insipidus disappearing. Could diabetes insipidus for some people actually be caused by an autoimmine condition? And some medications taken for autoimmine issues can possibly resolve diabetes insipidus?

I'm my opinion there are those with diabetes insipidus due to genuine pituitary / hypothalamus issues be it from a tumor, inflammation, head trauma etc but there are also those who have an autoimmine condition which somehow suppress vasopressin. I also believe there are those that do not have anything organically wrong with their production of vasopressin but for some reason the body has become confused and has become hypersensitive to fluid intake and believes the body needs far less fluid then is actually adequate. As if the water level for the body has been lowered dramatically and whenever you try and hydrate the body instantly wants to dump the fluids out but at the same time people with this issue can still produce vasopressin and their condition often fluctuates.

I have probably said enough for now but I will share some studies and stories of diabetes insipidus in my next posts.

Please feel free to get involved and share your experiences and ideas on this subject and if you kmow of any stories of improvement/cure of diabetes insipidus please post them here.

I will find a way. Thank you.

3 likes, 36 replies

36 Replies

Prev
  • Edited

This is an experience I want to share, my mom is a diabetic and she got to know this 2 years back. I think diabetes starts with these few symptoms like excessive urine, sudden hunger etc which is a kind of disorder but later realize that she is a diabetic.She is more active than me but might be the food we eat, stress and the topographical conditions where we live also play a major role. Later we realized that it can only be controlled by adopting a healthy lifestyle and for that it is very important to know your glucose levels. Her doctor recommended her to try a glucose meter that will measure the sugar levels from time to time. I searched for it and came to know about a CGM device from ginihealth. This device is so smart that it keeps on tracking data all around day and night. It helps her to know what food is making her glucose level spike so that she can alter her food intake, timing is also very important along with the food. It is good that mom has stable glucose levels now because of the careful and smartly managing her diabetic regime after the doc recommended such a device at an early stage of her diabetes.

• Posted

This thread is old, but I hope you can still see this! I really need help understanding this I may be diagnosed with this and I can't believe that I fit the profile to have it. I'm wondering if it can be transient. I was treated with strong antibiotics for sibo and my histamine/MCAS just went out of control. Unbelievable insomnia, heart palpitations I haven't slept more than two hours in a row for the past nine months. Now I'm urinating so much in quantity, have low osamolity and my sodium is creeping higher. I feel like my gut issues and dysbiosis have created this problem. Any help would be so greatly appreciated!

• Posted

hi, i too was on antibiotics before this started. Strangely, i have passed this on to my wife. so definitely it some bacteria or virus causing this.

• Posted

Hi @Recoverandheal Have you had any further research done and found the root cause? I am desperate to find out the root cause.

• Posted

hi, did you find out the root cause for this? im desperate to find out the cause. for some reason, i seem to have passed on this symptoms to my wife and son. i think its bacterial or viral , but unable to find out what. please help

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.