Diabetes symptoms

Posted , 2 users are following.

I have type 2 diabetes for 17 years now. My diabetes became out of control some years ago and my sleep also got disturbed with it. I worked on my sleep and it became very good and my diabetes also improved with it

Today I did my hba1c and it has come 8.5% to my surprise. My sleep is very good and I am not having any other symptoms of excessive hunger or thirst or tiredness. I am doing good amount of exercise every week. Could it be that my hba1c is erroneous as my energy levels are also good. Please can some one advise

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Vipan, why do you feel your A1c is erroneous?

are you expecting it to be somewhere in the region of 7, that would be almost normal reading, or are expecting it to be higher and that would not be so good. 

The reading that you have is not too great but than again it is not that awful either.

i would be interested in knowing what you did exactly to get more shut eyes hours, as I am suffering from that problem right now.

• Posted

Hi

The reason I feel that my reading could be erroneous is that I neither feel very hungry or thirsty or tired or wanting to pee. I swim 1 to 2 hours five times a week and don’t feel weak. When my diabetes was not good in the past I had all these symptoms

My sleep improved through some psychiatric medication I was taking along with swimming and eating healthy

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.