Diabetic - Frozen Shoulder & Injection Under X-Ray

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hello,

Anyone had any luck with the injection under x-ray? 

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Hello J437,

No, I haven't had any injection of any kind. I would

Like to know what kind of injection it is, if you

get it, and how it works out for you so please keep

Me posted. Much success.

Dorene

• Posted

I have to apologize here. I wasn't aware that the injection was the cortisone injection. I have had one of those. It helped marginally.

I was unsure because xray was not used. My

Orthopedic Dr. said I would only be allowed one more at most if that, as I already have

beginning osteoporosis. I am also not diabetic which may or may not make a difference why xray would be used. I do understand the concerns and happy that you are getting such a huge response. Good health to you. smile

Dorene

• Posted

Im having hydrodilation under xray next week.will let you know how it goes

I have had hydrocortisone injections they have eased the pain temporariliy the one into the bursa no effect at all the other one into the joint was bit better it had an effect and made my arm. completly numb and pain free but still had no movement within 4 weeks pain back im no allowed anymore cortisone injections now i havevthis hydro dilation next week if that doesnt work.its surgery

Karen

• Posted

Good luck with the hydrodilatation Karen - hope it does the trick for you.  Let us know how you get on.
  • Posted

What are you having done - hydrodilatation or just a guided cortisone injection?  I thought they were somewhat cautious about giving cortisone to diabetics?  I have had success with hydrodilataion (I'm not diabetic) - the leaflet for the procedure said it was done under x-ray but they actually used untrasound for the guidance.  Either way, it ensures the injection gets exactly to the right spot for it to be of most use.  I had mine done a couple of months ago and was pain free after a couple of days and am gradually  getting my movements back.
    • Posted

Oh I am so happy for you Maria, that is wonderful news that you are pain free. 

Yes, good topic idea.  The Cortizone gives Diabetics very high blood sugar and that essentially slows/stops all healing in the body until the blood sugar returns to a normal range (between 80-120).  Personally, I have to increase my regular or quick acting insulin in order to bring down the blood sugar. Especially if I take sterroids of any kind. It's a double edged sword. 

• Posted

HI, Yep, Guided steroid injections under Xray. Had two in one go. One in the top of the joit and one in the bottom. Gave some relief for about 2 months then pain was back to normal. I did experience a desire to have sugary type foods a lot. Interesting to see your outcome. But if you think it may help then go for it as FS is debilitaing enough. 
    • Posted

The hydrodilatation is done right into the glenohumeral joint.  I have been enjoying eating a lot of sugery foods - but mainly because of all the boxes of chocolates I was given over Christmas!

Good luck and let us know how you get on.

• Posted

I had pain from my shoulder through my elbow. While getting my injection under x-ray I felt excruciating pain in my elbow. That pain subsided within a couple of minutes. In about 2 days all pain in my elbow was gone. Which has been a great relief!

The injection did nothing for the pain in my arm above my elbow, including my shoulder.

It did not improve r.o.m.

• Posted

Hi j437, I had the hydro dilation injection last year in May, it was fantastic how quickly it worked, I had movement almost straight away after having just 20% movement before it. It hasn't been a complete cure, but has worked in that it's alleviated the unbearable pain I was in and given me more movement. I still have nights where I can't sleep because I can't lie on that side....... But! I have no regrets glad I had this done. Good luck j437
  • Posted

Thanks for your reply J437. As I appreciate everyone's reply, you've all given me something to ask my Dr. When I see him next week. This whole

thing is new to me. I'll have to see where we go from here. There seems to be a variety of treatments that work for different people in different stages of this horrible disease. So for

Now I suppose I will put the injection questions on the back burner. Thanks alot everyone for all your

answers. : )

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.