Diagnose with Lymes then PMR

Posted , 10 users are following.

56 Diagnosed with PMR

20 MG of pred. Per day due to waking up one morning in extreme pain. Feeling like a pc. Of steel my wife had to move my legs out of bed and push me up and off to the ER Also Left hand swelling and feeling like a catchers mitt. Right hand same feeling but only a 3rd of the left. Unfortuneatly left handed. Very depressed as not being able to play guitar and do alot of things that require detailed hand feeling. (Is anyone else having issues with their hands ?) If so is there a medication for the hands ? When will all this go away ? 

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Before I was diagnosed my fingers were so swollen I could not wear my rings for about six months.  All swelling and pain has gone.  As I said before, I am now reducing from 6 to 51/2 mgs slowly.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.