Diagnosed 4 years ago

Posted , 3 users are following.

i was diagnosed four years ago but iv had no other test since 🙄 would anyone recommend me having some now? the last 6 months or so when waking up in a morning im having pretty bad flank pain on both sides (is this connected) iv not really had any advice or anything in the last four years so im pretty puzzled with it all

thanks

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

You don't say what your HFE genes are, and what your Iron Studies levels were. You should go back to your dr and get some advice and he will recommend or refer you to whomever looks after vx in your country, depending on your levels. He will no doubt run another test, which if you do have genetically diagnosed haemochromatosis, you should have been having every 3, 6 or 12 months depending on your HFE and blood levels.

I am surprised that you have not educated yourself on this disorder if you have been diagnosed with it so that you know more than the drs know (which is not much) so you have to be proactive and know what should be happening.

With regard to your flank pain, I had that when I was left undiagnosed for 9 years and it resulted in avascular necrosis and required both hips to be replaced. Prior to my diagnosis, google did not exist, but you have a world of information available to you now. Contact your country's haemochromatosis organisation, and only read medical research to get the right information.

Let us know how you go.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.