Diagnosed about a month ago!

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi, I was diagnosed with TN about a month ago (all on left side) the pain has eased with meds, however my left front tooth feels odd and always has since I had my first attack. It doesnt hurt as such just uncomfortable, and I still feel like I can only eat soft things. The gum above the tooth is now swollen and the dentist say there is an infection, they are not sure how but want me to have a root canal. Im a bit worried about having this treatment done as it may be part of the TN? Has anyone else had anything like this? Im confused on what to do!

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

I had tn for about 4 years. It's now gone after I had a tooth removed and some good dental work.

I had anxiety for about 2 years for no reason that I could figure out. Watched a documentary on Netflix called "Root Cause" and it laid out exactly what I was going through. I went and had the tooth removed and when it was gone... the anxiety went with it. Turns out it was infected.

Our oral health plays into our whole body. I'm no doctor but I know that keeping a dead tooth in your head is a bad idea. No matter what they do they cannot keep your mouth sterile and my personal opinion is lose the tooth, combat the infection and then just put a bridge there. That's what I did.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.