Diagnosed but struggling

Posted , 3 users are following.

I've managed with help of my gp to get the periods under control. I was having to have iron tablets during that time of the month and literally my life would stop. But now that's controlled the hair growth EVERYWHERE is really difficult... does anyone have any advice on the best hair removal? Maybe something at a salon? I'm ending up with awful skin due to the constant plucking and shaving!

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I use wax strips that I get from Walmart or target. I'm too afraid to shave. I can only go about 3 days or so before I have to wax again. The struggle is real!

• Posted

Laser hair removal is supposed to be permanent after 3 treatments in 1 area,  it is expensive but if hair removal is something you will be doing for life otherwise, it maybe worth the investment if you can afford it. The trouble with waxing and epilating is ingrown hairs.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.