Diagnosed BV

Posted , 3 users are following.

This afternoon I was told I have BV by my GP but wasn't given much advise just prescribed anti biotics, can anyone enlighten me? What could have caused this? And can anyone tell me how I get rid of this god awful constant pain I have in the base of my back/abdominal/thigh area it is unbearable now!

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Kirsty,

Basically BV is an imbalance of bacteria in the vagina. As you can probably guess, when there are too many bad bacteria you get BV. Sometimes using perfumed soaps/shower gels to wash down there can trigger it off. Other things to avoid doing would be wearing tight underwear that isnt 100% cotton, and you should always wipe from front to back (sorry you probably already know this). Intercourse can sometimes trigger it due to semen being a different PH from the vagina which throws the balance off.you can also get BV for no apparent reason! The pain youre getting is more than likely BV related. It is one of the more uncommon symptoms but women do get it. If youre taking abti biotics and it comes back after a week or so, id reccomend taking pro biotics aswell. BV has a nasty habit of coming back all the time!

• Posted

Thank you so much for replying!

In all honesty I didn't have a clue wiping front the back was a thing! And I do use shower gels to wash, least I'm a little further to knowing what has caused this, my doctors are pretty useless!!

Is it normal to have numbness around that area and pain in the back and legs? I can understand the abdominal pain, however I do have polycystic ovaries so I'm a little worried that the two aren't reacting well? I'm sorry to ask so much of you!!

Thanks

• Posted

No problem. I have suffered with bouts of BV for years. I have never had the symptoms you are describing, I would say go back to the doctors if they dont go away or get worse. I use aqueous cream to wash down there(no soap at all) I only shower as baths can trigger mine off too. I wash straight away after intercourse with warm water and never use anything scented (pads, deodorants etc) ive also recently stopped wearing under wear all together as the more you let yourself breathe the fresher you are. Hope this helps.
  • Posted

Even your own cycle can cause bv.  sometimes even with antibotics is becomes a visious cycle.  antibotics always give me a yeast infection and the meds for yeast infection bother me too.  I use boric acid suppositories (I make myself)  it kills both.
    • Posted

Bridget, how often do you use the boric acid? I seem to be having success with femdophilus at the moment. Ive been taking 2 a day for over a week and just dropped to 1 a day. Its the longest ive been in months without symptoms. Dont wanna jinx it though!
    • Posted

I use one after my cycle as I have found this to be a trigger for me and 2 week after that so twice a month now.
  • Posted

I had to come on her before I go to peaceful sleep. I have found my cure to smell and discharge. Ladies, Ladies, Ladies. So I done my research been trying all soughts of things. I have the cure and done my reserch and after trying so many things I thought last thing to try and purchase  'water works VJ cleanser'. Been talked about on youtube and otherr places. I bought it.'Feminine Waterworks' I haven't been this happy in years. When I feel my kitty feeling a lilttle different down below, I use my waterworks and I am back on balance. I also take 'Pearls YB' Probotics every other day. Acreobating all over the place with confidence again. Buy 1, u willl know what I mean. This is not news given for market purposes. This is a lady that was suffering for ages. [rolleyes]

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.