Diagnosed dermatofibroma but not matching description ?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi all , I was diagnosed with a dermatofibrma on my lower leg last year . It has come to my attention today looking back at a pic I took in June last year that I think it’s grown just slightly . It does look to be lighter though which must be s good sign right ? My concern is although two doctors ( same clinic ) said dermatofibroma . The descriptions I’ve found says the dip inward when pushed . Mine doesn’t do anything , it’s just a hard pinkish red lump ?  Does anyone have one of these ? Should I be worried . Nothings come of it since June last year which makes me less worried but my anxiety takes over . 

Thanks 

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

If you think that this has grown and it hasnt got the "dimpling" then you should go back to your dermatologist or GP if you are in UK.   Better to have some reassurance than keep worrying.

• Posted

Thanks for the reply , I am going to get a second opinion but was wondering if anyone else had a dermatofibroma that does not dimple . I don’t want to demand removal for biopsy if harmless . 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.