Diagnosed last October

Posted , 3 users are following.

Started on hands and feet but is now on arms back and also my tongue.Have tried all sorts of steroid creams and diet but nothing has worked. The doctor has told me it's to do with the immune system but won't do blood tests I find this really annoying if there is something in my blood maybe I could do something to help

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

Sorry to hear you are suffering from this horrible condition. I was diagnosed last August, rash mainly on legs, wrists and back. Was prescribed Steriods for 3 months but did not stop rash just helped with itching. Saw a Dermatologist who prescribed Acitretin which did fade the rash but lots of side effects including hair loss. Bad enough having unsightly rash without going bald as well!

Dermatologist can prescribe things your GP can't, but most have some side affects so you need to consider this before you take anything.

i am just using loads of moisturisers now, plus a steroid cream on new areas if itching is too intense to bear. Taking a priobiotic capsule everyday, as some people think this helps. All the dermatology sites say this condition normally sorts itself on its own usually within 6 to 18 months. Sites also say LP is caused by your immune system overreacting to stress, or sometimes blood pressure medication.stress. Think mine was triggered by a long period of stress. So trying to keep calm about this and hoping it will resolve itself at some point. Good job maxi skirts & loose trousers are fashionable this Summer so can cover up legs.

Sorry can't give you any definite answers, think it's trial & error to see what works best for you.

• Posted

Had L.P. for two years now, and your last comment is spot on .... no-one can help, it's a shame the powers that be can't do some research, it has amazed me the number of people who have this horrible disease. Good luck to you all@

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.