Diagnosed today

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi. I fell from some step ladders about 5 weeks ago....i thought i had just sprained my foot, so just carried on as normal...trying to ignore it.

The pain was so bad, 2 weeks ago that i ended up going to A&E... They said i had bruised my heel pad....they said it will repair its self.... The pain has become alot worse over the last 2 weeks, so much so, that its waking me up at night. Im in agony when i get out of bed in the morning and if i have sat down for more than 5 minutes...Its there constant.....the pain can have me in tears at some points.

Today, i had enough so i went to see my own GP. He has diagnosed me with Plantar Fasciitis. I have been told to rest it as much as possible....but when i rest it...it throbs, then i have the pain when standing and walking on it again. He has told me to take ibuprofen. I really hope this is going to help. :cry:

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi...I am still having problems...i am having good days and bad days....when its a bad day...the pain can become unbearable...but on the good days...its bearable. :roll:
  • Posted

This thing has got ALOT worse!...it doesnt matter what i do...rest it walk on it...im in agony...i cant actually remember the last time i walked on my foot properly!...the pain can be so bad that it makes me feel sick and the pain and ache goes up into my leg...I have a constant ache in the botton of my leg and ancle...it mainly seems to be on the ball of my heel and the left outer side of my foot...it has become unbearable...i dont get a break from the pain anymore at all...pain killers dont work on it at all. sad :cry: :cry: :cry:
  • Posted

Im wondering if you might have a fracture, did you have a x-ray when you went to A & E? Well Id say you need (another) one :?
  • Posted

No...they didnt x-ray it at all...i thought they may have done. They just said it will get better in time type thing...My friend has said the same thing about having an x-ray done...but today im having a sort of ok kind of day with it...its not quite as bad as on wednesday, but then again...it could be really bad later on or tomoz...its a night mare.

Thank you for your reply. xx

• Posted

Your friend is talking sense. If the pain is driving you to your wits end you really should see your GP and get this thing investigated properly, hopefully you will get sent to the hospital with a letter asking for a x-ray. Whatever it turns out it really is maybe itll benefit from a topical painkiller such as Ibuprofen or Diclofenac Gel or if its muscular even a nice soak in a scrummy bowl of hot water smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.