Diagnosed today and they think it started with a trauma I had?

Posted , 9 users are following.

The hospital have said they think my fibromyalgia is a result of a trauma I suffered 2 and half years ago. I broke two toes and fainted with the pain and put my teeth through my lip. Then 2 weeks later my appendix burst. I'm so shocked that this could be what set it off. Has anyone else been diagnosed after a trauma?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Absolutely...mine was from an old trauma I had it for years before diagnosis too and I ended up with quite a few autoimmune Issues,  unfortunately we can just about all pin point it to some trauma to our bodies either mental or physical..be blessed gayle and have a lovely day..💐💐💐😍

• Posted

Hi Gayle,

Yes! Most of the cases FM develops through the trauma one experience in their life either mental or physical.

Its the body reaction to a particular situation that imprints deep in mind and stays their unconsciously. 

This is stored in the nervous system and always works in background for the life situations.

This pattern of behavior if not consciously removed, it transforms in to FM. A constant fatigue in body parts, which does not have physical cause.

Yoga and Meditation is the excellent solution for such a condition. Greatest advantage being no side effects and chemical ingestion and enhance physical and mental capabilities.

Hope this helps you! 

Eli

• Posted

Yes. After an auto accident that damaged my neck, my neck was very painful. About 2 years later the disc between vertebrae’s 5 & 6 was removed and they fused that part of my spine. The neck pain that had been severe was now considerably better but now I had pain in all my joints and aches all over as though I had flu.  That was 30 years ago when Doctors for the most part believed FMS unreal and diagnosed one as stressed or hypochondriac. Thank God Doctors now pay attention to the symptoms of patients and try to help them find relief....... even though as far as I know while there is temporary relief there is no permanent relief from the constant pain, the fatigue and the days when suddenly every thing you pick up you drop.  Or the days when one has blurred vision caused by what?  . 

• Posted

Hi Nancy,

i to had an accident and ended having a back fusion to L4 L5/S1.

i haven’t been on this site for a while as I haven’t really been in a good place with it recently. I have been back to see my GP and they have given me some extra medication to see if it helps. I’ve just had just over a week of my IBS kicking in Big time which makes my sleeping and pain seem worse.

But s you say there’s a lot of help out there now all that I can say is listen to your body and take one day at a time 

• Posted

My Fibromyalgia was bought on by a number of factors. Firstly by back pain I experienced at work, which was caused by extreme physical stress due to increased workload, which in turn caused severe mental stress. The final factor was an adverse reaction to being prescribed Naproxen for the back pain. At the time of being prescribed Naproxen I was suspected of having stomach ulcers (bowel movements were consistent of stomach ulcer condition, lots of heartburn). The Naproxen was prescribed without any kind of stomach protection (antacids, PPI, etc) and within a day of taken them I was in the worst pain I'd experienced in my life. It felt like my stomach was being ripped apart, it was excruciating. I saw a different doctor the next day as the pain was still there, he immediately took me off Naproxen and prescribed Omeprazole which within a day relieved the intense pain I was in, and within the next few days, made my bowel movements normal again. He told me that the pain in my back was probably stomach ulcer pain, and that being prescribed Naproxen without protection and with stomach ulcers was a 'recipe for disaster'.

I've never been right since and the combination of work physical and mental stress, back pain and trauma of being in agony while taking Naproxen has been the cause of my Fibromyalgia condition.

• Posted

Thanks all for your replies. I'm so pleased I found this forum. Love to you all xx

• Posted

5 yrs ago I had a new neighbor who turned out to be multiple personality very aggressive constant banging very loud music then started stalking me I was a nervous wreck and this bought on fibro and been bad ever since even though I moved it took its toll on my body

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.