Diagnosed w/heart failure 2 years ago-but had mini attack i think?

Posted , 5 users are following.

I'm a 56 year old female and was diagnosed with heart failure about two years ago. The cardiologist said the top left chamber I've my heart is stretched out. He prescribed five medications. Which I am on now.

Two times in the last six months experienced sudden severe chest pain, Felt like throwing up and dizzy. It was after lifting something heavy. I stopped lifting heavy things but I'm worried that it will happen again regardless and under other circumstance. Is it inevitable that I will get more small attacks like this or possibly is inevitable that I will get a major heart attack?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Have you spoken to the cardiologist about this for his thoughts on what is happening to you. This must be so worrying.

• Posted

Helene, change your cardiologist! I Have CHD following a mild heart attack in 1992 .

I have had 7 stents inserted since and at 84 I still play golf and tennis .

You are not being looked after well enough and probably need a stent . Dont be polite to your Cardio it is your body and you must ask the right Qs and insist on answers .

• Posted

Helene,

What medications were you prescribed. I am curious, my hubby was prescribed several meds after his heart attack 18 months ago. They stented him, said he had heart failure, ectopic beats, implanted a defibrillator, had ablation. We have got him off most of the tablets now, he is down to two at the moment.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.