Diagnosed with Chronic Non Bactrtial Prostatits, Need Advice

Posted , 14 users are following.

Hello all,

Been dealing with frequent urination and urge to urinate, and weird back and pelvic pains that came out of nowhere on July 1st. Long story short, I ended up at my GP who said my prostate was "soggy" and gave me a 30 day run of Bactrim. I initially tried cipro prescribed from an urgent care (was out of town) and after an allergic reaction to that, doxycycline. Four days into the doxy is when the GP put me on the sulfer drug.

Since this is the first time in my life (I'm 29) that I've ever had any medical issues, I began researching my symptoms and came across this site. While waiting for my urologist appointment, I began doing acupuncture with chiropractic work, and Pelvic Floor PT along with a long list of herbal supplements.

Urologist was useless. Didn't order any tests, told me I had CNBP, and prescribed a seat cushion, advil, and hot Epsom salt soaks.

So far I feel like the pelvic floor PT is helping, as is acupuncture because the random pains are few and far between now, but the constant urge to p**s won't go away. It hasn't been as bad the past two weeks, but today it was almost as bad as when this stuff started out of nowhere.

Since the never ending urge to pee is my main symptom, could this be something else besides CNBP?? I'm not having issues with much else. It just feels like there is something stuck in the tip of my penis, and 15 to 45 mins after I pee it comes back. I can normally wait a few hours and then take a leak, but this feeling is not going away.

Thank you guys for any help you can provide.

0 likes, 35 replies

35 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Matt,

I had similar iisue, though my GP told me I had a UTI.  Cipro for 2 weeks, it got a little better.  For 2 months I still had a burning feeling in penis.  At times it felt like there was urine at the tip.  I had to pee more often.

I finally found a book by Amy Stein called Heal Pelvic Pain.  I have been doing the initial exercioses 2x per day everday.  After a month i found a Pelvic Floor Clinic and I've had 3 appointments.  My symptoms are improved.  One issue I had was mountain biking and working out while doing the exercises.  This negated the exercises in the book.  My PT told me to stop mountain biking and working out, I did for 3 weeks.  I just got back on a recumbant bike, but took it slow.

In addition to the exercises in Amy's book, I do foam rolling too.  The PT gave me that, I do that twice a day.  I also do an easy Yoga routine.  I have my own routine, but search YouTube for Yoga for Pelvic Pain.  I also have been using Calm an app in the Android Store (in I-phone too i would think) for 6 weeks.

All of that is helping me.

Stress can cause you to pee more, and I know how stressful this can be.  Also, anything that irritates your bladder, caffeine, alcohol, fried foods.

Be patient, but ask your PT about Amy's book.  They will know.  The exercises are easy and they help.  

Feel free to message me directly.

I hope you will get better.  Manage your stress, it can be a part of what is happening.

All the best.

scott

• Posted

Thanks, Scott. Much appreciated.

My chiropractor (an older Chinese guy who's been doing it and acupuncture for decades) says it takes several months to notice the symptoms fade away. The PT I'm seeing said after about six sessions (I've had two). Just discouraged to see the progress disappear today. I've already cut out caffine since it seemed to give me a bad day about a week ago. Also been doing the keto diet, so not a lot of carbs or things that would aggravate inflammation.

I have a PFT (physical fitness test) coming up for a new job I'm taking soon, and it's been frustrating not working out. My PT said I can train for the events (1.5 mile run, push ups, crunches) without interfering with her program. All she has me doing is two different stretches 2-3 times a day and one set of kegels laying down and one sitting. I was doing crossfit and heavy lifting up until this s**t started, so it's been frustrating not being in the gym. This is my dream job, and I'm already planning on deffering the job to the next available training class which is definitely causing a lot of stress.

I will definitely check out the book and the exercises, and add some other yoga stretches to the stretches my PT gave me.

By the way, did your symptoms just come out of the blue too? June 30th, I was fine. July 1st, I was p*****g every hour haha.

• Posted

You were doing heavy lifting? Google "epididymitis lifting cpps" (do not use the quote marks).

• Posted

Hey Scott! Finally got the Amy Stein book, and I'm flipping through it right now.

As far as starting the stretches and exercises in her book, did you start with the "End the Pain" stretches, or did you start with the muscle strengthening exercises?

I think it's odd that my PT has me doing two sets of kegels a day, and in this book it says to avoid them unless you have leakage (which i dont. Still just the constant urge to pee).

• Posted

Matt, kegels are pelvic tightening exercises, mainly used for controlling leakages, you don't need them. If you have difficulty peeing, you need the pelvic relaxing exercises. Many PTs are confused. Hank

• Posted

Thanks, Hank. I've felt better after her PT sessions which consist of external massage and ultrasound/heat/electricity of the pelvic floor muscles. shes been treating pelvic floor stuff for 15 years, so I figured she knew what she was talking about. I've cut out one set of the kegels and I feel like it's been better since...maybe I'll just stick with the stretching and breathing. And not really any difficulty urinating- its just a constant feeling of having to urinate throughout the day (like neverending). Sometimes theres some hesitation, but I just relax and I'm good to go I guess.

• Posted

I do the first 11 not the strength ones. I ended up skipping the one you sit and bend over the waist cause if back issues, but the other 10 2x a day. 30 seconds for each 3 sets.

I also now am doing foam rolling too. Also as the other poster mentioned anxiety contributes to this, find a way to control it. I use an app called Calm every day. 10 minutes of meditation is helpful. Also yoga is daily.

After 4 PT sessions I have seen improvements, I see myself being good soon.

Good luck Matt.

• Posted

Thanks, brother. I just had my third PT on Wednesday, and fifth week of acupuncture was yesterday. Definitely seeing results. Its definitely slow going, but I'm hoping these stretches hurry the process along.

Best of luck to you as well!

• Posted

Hi Matt,

Yep, mine just began in Mid May.  I was fine and then 1 morning I was peeing all the tme.  I got the UTI diagnosis.  I believe anxiety was a big part of my situation.  I was very stressed.  

It can take a while to get better.  3 months or more.  I do see a difference, it's not 100% but I am doing good.  

Yeah, check out the book, the stretches are probably similar, but she has good information in there.  Check out Calm too, if you want to try meditation.  The app is $69 but its really good.

You'll get there Matt, so will I.  It's tough but there is a solution, we both just have to be diligent and patient.

Best,

scott

• Posted

Thanks again, Scott! I really appreciate the advice and optimism.
  • Posted

Hi Matt,

It could be a urethritis (inflammation of urethra) do you by any chance have eye issues? If the urologist was useless, go find another one.

Royse

• Posted

Hi Royse,

I noticed several months ago my right eye's distance vision was becoming blurry, but I chalked it up to digital eye strain, since I use a phone and tablet all day at work. Are the two related?

• Posted

There is a condition of urethritis, conjunctivitis and arthritis. It’s probably not, but really if this issue has been ongoing you need a good doctor. Speak to your GP again.
  • Posted

I have had this almost a year now had every urine test under the sun and they all say it’s fine. 

I’m anxious 24/7 so this may not be helping but my urine is very strong and dark in the morning and if I drink beer I find that it really hurts not when I pee but after in the urethra.. it’s hard to stay hidrated when you have to pee all the time I’m at my wits end and still waiting on a urologist appointment. 

I’ve had this before but has never lasted this long I’m 37 and it’s not a nice pain to have. What are all your symptoms???

• Posted

Hey Carl,

The pain I experienced was in my lower back and pelvic area, more towards the sides near my thigh. On a scale of 1 to 10, I'd give it a 1 or 2. A quick little pain, and then it would go away. That has since cleared up for the most part. I've never had any pain urinating- every now and then I'll feel a sharp pain in the prostate area, but this happened every now and then the past few years prior to this whole ordeal starting for me. I figured it was just like a cramp or something. The only symptom that is still giving me a problem is this ongoing feeling that I have to pee. Sometimes it will go away for 20 or 30 mins after I go, but then it comes right back. I just try to wait until I know I actually have to pee to go. Prior to this happening, I would usually go every 5 to 7 hours. I do a lot of work in my car, and my coworkers joked that I had an iron bladder because I never called over the radio to take a break...joke is on me now lol. I normally drink 80 or more ounces of water a day.

• Posted

Mine never sore when I pee but afterwards it feels sore.. at this moment it feels sore and I haven’t been or need to go my doctor puts it all down to anxiety but how can that be? 

Also I do have very sensitive testical some days better than others. 

Like I said they have checked urine so many times checked prostate last week in fact.

I have a sore lower back and a pain under my lower rib if that makes any sense 

• Posted

My advice Carl, if this keeps going you need to have further investigation. Pain under the rib sounds like kidney, unless it’s referred. Getting symptoms like that may indicate need for a scan just to rule out anything sinister. It could also be a spinal problem referring into the groin/testicle area.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.