Diagnosed with Costochondritis

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi I have recently been diagnosed with Costochondritis, I only have pain in my lower right and left side of the ribcage, no pain in the chest area is this normal as most places have researched says pain in the chest area.

Have had few tests done and my Heart, Lungs are all healthy and my ribs have no fractures or anything.

Could this have been diagnosed wrong.

Thank You

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi. Mine started with the ribs and the chest pain came afterwards. I still get the occasional chest pain but it’s mainly in my ribs now. Hope this helps 
    • Posted

Thank you for your reply, The doctors have said if no better in 4 weeks time then they are referring me to the hospital department that deals with Costochondritis and they also said that one of the treatments that they will probably give me is steroid injections into the muscle(s). just did not want to go through that if this had likely been a missed diagnosis. I do not have the pain constantly just every now and then and just comes on from nowhere, breathing does not really affect it, also daily activities does not really affect it in anyway.
    • Posted

It would be a good idea to get checked over by the people who deal with Costo they will know by your symptoms and examining you. Do you have any swelling near or on your collarbone? If they do say it’s costa and you have the injection don’t worry it doesn’t hurt 
    • Posted

Just have the pain and tenderness of the ribs, no swelling on or around the collarbone. Good to know that if I do have the injection it does not hurt.
    • Posted

Hope everything goes well and when I had the injection I didn’t feel a thing take care 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.