Diagnosed with CTS. Now what?

Posted , 2 users are following.

okay this is too difficult to search every page. I have CTS in both hands what kind of things should I avoid doing and vice versa?

thanks

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

This is pre-op question. I am having the surgery. I just need to know is there anything I should avoid doing before the surgery.
  • Posted

I recommend sleeping in splints and steroid injections helped. Didn't relieve the numbness but stopped the constant tingling. My surgery is in 2 weeks so I'll let you know.

• Posted

I am on the same schedule. Two weeks from this past friday. I do sleep with a brace on one wrist. This is the one I am going to try to avoid having surgery on or at least postpone it a year.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.