diagnosed with fibromyalgia started taking sertraline feeling bad

Posted , 7 users are following.

hi,

after months of different tests I've now be diagnosed with fibromyalgia.

I'm on my second day of taking 50mg of sertraline and feel horrible.

spilling head ache, shaking, dry mouth to name just a few.

anyone on this drug and advice.

I know it's early days, but should I feel like this 😕😥

1 like, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

HI SERTRALINE IS NOT FOR FIBROMYALGIA ITS AN ANTI DEPRESSANT , IF NOT UNDER THE MENTAL HEALTH AND SUFFER FROM DEPRESSION DON T TAKE IT TALK TO YOUR GP , FIBROMALYGIA DOES T HAVE ANY CURE OR MEDICATION , ASK FOR PHYSIO IT DOES HELP SOMETIMES TAKE CARE

• Posted

just for your information and so you dont stress...they often use anti depressants for FIBROMYALGIA, ive been on

Amithriptilyne (Im in Australia its called ENDEP) for over 3O years, it stops the pain at the end of each nerve from traveling throughout your body..im on a very low dose and have never had it increased in all these years,,but you must not stress with Fibro as it loves that and makes your symptoms much worse and for longer. The anti depressant in my med to me is probably a bonus, who wouldnt get depressed living with this horrific disease. YEpes you do feel very off you face type of for a very little while, you must just persevere with it took me a month.. hope this helps sjam, have a lovey day and God bless.xxxxx

• Posted

most people who suffer with fibro are on a antidepresant not because we are depressed its because living in pain 24/7 take it because it helps us stay calm and not stress because stressing is the worts thing we can do to our selves then we have a huge flare up ❤

• Posted

The one I'm on takes away s my pain, and I get a great nights sleep, which is just awesome, i really hope everyone finds something that helps them like I did its unreal..when I first found out that they were giving me an antidepressant when I was in hospital, I actually refused to take it saying I'm not depressed at all, far from it, but when the dr explained it all to me it made sense...does make you feel like a zombie at first, but persevering with it I found once my body was used to it, its only a low dise, but it dies the job,..it was awesome, and in over 30years I've never had it increased. It's funny how many people look down on people who take antidepressants, I don't understand what their problem is, I know lots of people who take it for pain especially migraines.be blessed donna, and have a lovely day,xxx

• Posted

fibromyalgia ---osteoporosis---orteoarthritis,never been on sertraline or any other anti depressant, IM ON gabapentine and tramadole and a lot of sleeping tablets because my knees and back , shoulders block , i have one injection a year plus very weak muscles im bed bound cant do anything for myself i have 2 carer one from the council and private , just to say with all my problemes i never was given any anti dep . physio and pain killers et they dont even work now .

• Posted

that is digusting they need to be giving you pain relief and some antidepresants to help you cope push for them please dont suffer in silece find you voice and tell them how hard it is and your willing try anything

thinking of you stay strong and stand up for yourself your in your rights to do so ❤❤

• Posted

THANKS DONNA THERE S NOT POINT BECAUSE I WILL END UP IN NURSING HOME IN 2 YEARS MY BONES ARE VERY FRAGILE AND BREAKS EASILY .I DID 2 DEXA SCANS FIRST in 2015 and THE SECOND 2017 the result of the second one was worse than the first because even my neck now i can t move im bed bound i cant use the bathroom for myself ... i tried with my gp she said im on a lot of meds plus this special injection i get every year i dont even know the name of the medication but i will try again on the 30/11 shes coming because she does home visit once a month but its life x

• Posted

Hi, I am on Sertraline. Been on it over 12 months. I have a terrible dry mouth but only at night. I have to have some sweets by my bed because my mouth and throat wakes me up. The only way i can explain it is it feels like velcros sticking my mouth and tongue and back of my throat together. I never thought of it being the tablets. I can't help you but i think you might have helped me. I am going to check it out at my doctors. Thank you., from Josephine.

• Posted

Hi... I suffer from fibromyalgia and also have been taking sertraline for about 3 years (on 200mg now) it is very common to take this with Fibro symptoms.. try to persevere.. 50mg is a very small dose. I also take Gabapentin. Good luck with your symptoms.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.