Diagnosed with glandulafever 7 yrs ago

Posted , 3 users are following.

i had glandula fever 7 yrs ago when i was in school and ever since the first day i got ill ive never recovered.

Then 2 years later i got diagnosed with chronic fatigue and fibromyalgia.

does any one have a slight idea if you can have it for years and years, on top of this i have several symptoms and they only seem to get worse. im only 23 and i struggle to live a normal life, please give advice if you know of any, my doctors arent any help. Thanks

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Gem,

I just wanted you to know that I was thinking about you after reading your post, what a terrible time you must have been through and I know words can't describe the pains and lows and frustrations you must have experienced as a young person having to go through so many tough years and struggles.

I believe in God Gem, I believe that He can turn anything around and will say a prayer for your healing. There is still hope thanks to God, praying He will give you the strength and the breakthrough you need and that this can be the year where things change and your health really starts to improve. I have been going through a tough time with my back and losing job this last 18 months and went through glandular fever many years ago and was just grateful God got me through that time but I remember how hard it was and how life changing an experience it was, and definitely thinking about you and empathising Gem and just hoping and praying for recovery and healing in your life.

When I went through glandular fever, taking vitamins and herbs did help me on the road to recovery. A good strong multi-vitamin per day (Immunace Extra here in the UK is a good one), higher doses of Vitamin C (1000mg-3000mg per day), a B100 complex and/or Co-enzyme Q10 can be GREAT for nervous system and energy levels and fatigue, and immune boosting herbs like siberian ginseng, echinacea and oregano can also really help boost the immune system too. Just some ideas maybe worth looking into, I'm no expert on these kind of things and of course it's important to check when taking any supplements for any interactions with other medications or health conditions, but certainly worth looking into for sure.

Hang in there Gem, thinking about you and this can be a good forum for sure for making some links as I know there are others on here who have been going through things like CFS / fibromyalgia and just talking with others who understand can be a help. And remember there is hope - you are young and I for one believe that God has good plans ahead for your life, so hang in there and don't give up (and remember not giving up doesn't mean to say you have to be doing lots and lots of things, sometimes it's just about rest and trusting God and remembering He knows the bigger picture and will work out the things that seem impossible to work out yourself).

Craig

• Posted

I'm sorry you are going through this. I agree with Craig that you should look in to vitamins and herbs, if you havent already. You've got to build your immune system back up. If traditional medicine isn't helping, you may want to think about a holistic doctor or maybe acupuncture .

Both have been very helpful for me.

• Posted

Definitely Jen sounds like good advice for Gem and others going through such a hard time with this horrible virus. And Gem I just hope so much for a breakthrough for you this year - I will pray for you - although not the same situation I do understand as going through some issues with my back and health issues and things going on for 18 months or so that I'm finding hard to keep optimistic about and hopeful about.

It's not at all easy Gem to keep holding onto hope, but remembering that the Bible tells us that Jesus is the highest and greatest physician of them all, and He is the great healer. Praying for your healing Gem and hang in there - thinking about you.

Craig

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.