Diagnosed with H pylori bacteria

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi everyone, recently I have been diagnosed by H pylori bacteria ..As before I was taking medicine for stomach problem namely (Librax) and (Pantoprazole 40mg). I am facing some breathing problem, chest pain, palpitation, full abdomen.. Any suggestions.

1 like, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

It's probably a side effect from all the meds.  How about some chamomile tea?

• Posted

Both the H-pylori and the stomach medications will have an adverse effect on your Vitamin B12 levels.

Symptoms of B12 deficiency tend to develop slowly and may not be recognised immediately. As the condition worsens, common symptoms include:

Weakness and fatigue

Light-headedness and dizziness

Palpitations and rapid heartbeat

Shortness of breath

A sore tongue that has a red, beefy appearance

Nausea or poor appetite

Weight loss

Diarrhoea

Yellowish tinge to the skin and eyes

If low levels of B12 remain for a long time, the condition also can lead to irreversible damage to nerve cells, which can cause the following symptoms:

Numbness and tingling in the hands and feet

Difficulty walking

Muscle weakness

Irritability

Memory loss

Dementia

Depression

PsychosisPlease ask your doctor to check both your Vitamin B12 and Folate (B9) levels as a matter of urgency.

I am not a medically trained person but I've had Pernicious Anaemia (a form of B12 deficiency) for more than 46 years.

I wish you well. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.