Diagnosed with Lichen Sclerosus at 24

Posted , 4 users are following.

I was just diagnosed with Lichen Sclerosus through a biopsy confirmation. I noticed a small white spot on my inner labia and went to get it checked out. So far the spot has not spread. I also have no itching, painful sexual intercourse, fusing etc. Tbh if it wasn’t for me checking myself out with a mirror I probably wouldn’t have known it was there. I have yet to begin treatment as my appointment for that is next week. Is this normal? I know since it was confirmed with a biopsy it was a correct diagnosis but I’m just surprised I have no other symptoms. I also had a full blood work up to confirm it wasn’t related to another autoimmune issue and im completely healthy (hoping it stays that way). The only thing I am starting to notice is the skin thickening around the hood of my clitoris but it is not painful or discolored. Will the steroid cream help with that? Like will the skin go back to its previous size? 

Anyone else experience similar to mine? Hard to find stuff about it for people my age. Also a silly cosmetic question, but my preferred form of hair removal is waxing, will I have to stop that with the steroid treatment?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

What does it looks like? Cause i have also white spots on my labia and it does not hurt. Just like yours.
    • Posted

It’s just a small patch on the right side of my labia. It almost looks like a discharge buildup. Like I tried to rub it off at first cause it just looked like I accumulated discharge in the area but obviously it didn’t rub off. It’s probabky about the size of a nickel. The thickening of the skin around my clitoris how ever is just hard to explain it just looks bigger almost as if where the hood attaches to my labia minora looks like it’s getting thicker. I hope that description helps.
  • Posted

Hi Alyshia, I would say that you have been lucky to find this so early in its progress. I think that once you get your Clobetasol you stand a good chance of controlling the development. Personally I strongly believe in using the steroid to prevent fusing and control progression.Rub it well into the white area and around the clitoris and also along the creases between the labia where fusing begins. 90 seconds is the the length of time recommended to Rub in the ointment.(Ointment is better than cream because it adheres better because it is thicker and contains less additives. Well done for spotting this so soon, Good luck.
  • Posted

Hi, the steroid cream should help with the area around the clitoris and it will most likely go back to its normal size although I expect you will need to use the cream twice daily at first and then reduce it over time.  

Re waxing I dont think the steroid treatment will have any impact on waxing.  The only thing I would say is that some of us sometimes get 'paper cuts' in and around the vagina and then of course waxing would be out of the question.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.