Diagnosed with Long QT Syndrome triggered by Triptans

Posted , 3 users are following.

Has anyone else on here been diagnosed With Long Qt because of migraine medication?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I have not, had to look it up to see what it was. I use triptans almost everyday (yikes). Hope I don't develop this problem. Sorry for you.

• Posted

It means my migraine with aura is uncontrolled as very limited in what meds I can get. Has anyone had botox and does it help with Aura?
    • Posted

Betsy....do you have to take Triptians everyday?  I just take them on the onset of migraine...may have to take 2 in 24 hour.
    • Posted

I have migraines almost everyday, that's why I take them so frequently. I do break them in half, and 50 usually works.

• Posted

Oh, when I looked it up it talked about heart palpitations and those sorts of things. Glad it's not related to your heart. I do not get auras at all. I have had BOTOX three times, unfortunately it has not helped with lowering the number of migraines in a month. But everyone is different, hope it works for you.

• Posted

I have had three heart attacks but my heart is supposedly healthy. The first one was when the discovered the QT thing. I had been on Propranolol as a preventative and Sumatriptan. I didn't know then I have a slow heart rate and propranolol was lowering it further and I was constantly tired! My migraine are triggered by stress and environmentally.... lights, shiny floors, wet pavements, smells etc. I get right side weakness and stumble sometimes falling. I live in Scotland and heard on the newd tonight that botox might be approved for chronic migraine within the next few months. Not sure if I will be allowed it though. X

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.