diagnosed with LP

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have been told today that i have LP.I have a large patch on my chest and also on my arms,legs ,ankles and genitals.it is also starting on my back.it seems stange to say that i am relieved to finally know what is causing so much itching.[/b]

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Dear laguna man

Sorry to hear of your experience with lichen planus - hope you're feeling better now?

I work for the NHS and am currently researching skin diseases. I wondered if I could interview you about your experience over the telephone? It shouldn't take longer than 15 mins. It would be a tremendous help.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards

Caroline

• Posted

If you wish to reply to CJF, please reply by PM (Private Message) or Email. Should you place a phone number or private contact details on the forum, they will be removed inorder to protect people's privacy and so that we don't put people at risk.

If you are not a registered member, you can register, for free, with the forum (click Register in the menu list below the green

banner above). You and other registered members will then be able to communicate with each other via Private Messaging (PM) or e-mail.)

Regards

Lin

Patient Admin

• Posted

Hallo Chimera.

Would you be in a position to explain why people seem to have stopped using this forum. Could it be that there is another LP forum in existence that is being used. The forum foe LS is so helpful and is being widely used. I would really appreciate your advice.

• Posted

hi Maycovie and others

, going in for biopsy to confirm lp on thursday, not looking forward to it at all. Not sure why not many seem to use this site for lp like they do the site for ls. agree with Maycovie it would be good if other sufferers of lp would let us know their experiences as a problem shared and all that.... So hard to get the dermovate on the exact place as right on entrance to vagina. any ideas anyone? gbs

• Posted

Hallo Gbs

You should join the forum UKLP.org.uk. It is a UK lichen Planus group. They are very informed about LP. I joined this group as I know in my heart that I have LP despite the negative result. I also was informed on this site that it is well known in the medical profession that LP is difficult to diagnose even with a biopsy. So now I feel that the whole biopsy deal and pain and worry involved was unnecessary if not bordering on the ridiculous.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.