Diagnosed with mid dermal Elastolysis- what next?

Posted , 4 users are following.

ive just been diagnosed with MDE and am feeling very overwhelmed as the treatment options are so limited and it is so rare.

does anybody have it? has anything worked?

im 38 years old, fit and healthy. im so worried about how this will affect me mentally as i have suffered wjth BDD since my teenage years.

Hoping someone can relate

Victoria

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

i had GA. the dermatologist sent me for UVB light Therapy and within a year it was all cleared up.

cheryl

• Posted

thanks Cheryl- im not sure how similar MDE and GA are but i will definitely talk to my dermatologist about it

willing to try anything

• Posted

hi, i am CHERYL also but did not write that response (clowing68). i am not familiar with MDE. what are the symptoms you have?

• Posted

hi Cheryl, i have large patches of crepe paper skin (fine wrinkling) tops of my arms, neck, -back and shoulders and same but with skin coloured lesions across my stomach.

• Posted

GRANULOMA ANULARE is different in each person but the characteristics on me start with little groups of blistering with reddened skin. eventually they join to make a circle and sometimes the circles can get as big as the whole back of your hand, and the skin in the center, on me takes on a purplish color, like bruise. i get it on my arms legs midriff belly. so far not the face.

i will have to look at your skin disorder. i have not heard of it until now. there may be similarities. does yours itch? my GA does. i have had this for 20 years. it totally disappeared at one point but it seems to always come back.

cheryl

• Posted

only one if the top skin consultants in UK knew what mine was- i guessed it was anetoderma or GA as looked quite similar. doesnt itch.

MDE is really rare and treatment is birtually non existent thats what is so depressing. i feel like i want to just cover up now

• Posted

Hello

I have the same pathology. I suffer from mde which started at 5 years old during my pregnancy. since the plates continue to extend over the arms belly and back.

I have been tested to check that the organs are not touched. the exalebs are normal. To date I have no follow-up because no treatment exists.

I remain at your disposal to exchange.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.