Diagnosed with mild Acute Pancreatits, going on two weeks now.

Posted , 5 users are following.

I was diagnosed with acute pancreatitis a week after pain started. now its over a week later and still having pain. its tolerable, i get light headed and dizzy, diarrhea, and massive back and side pain when at work. I followed the clear liquid diet for two days and been on soft low fat food since. Some days seem to be worse than others. I am not sure what to do. I am a generally healthy 29 yr old female, have been healthy my whole life up until this last year, with 2 hospital stays with ulcers and now this. could there be more wrong?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

my husband had acute pancreatitis.  It seems the longer you can be on liquid diet the better.  Every time you eat something soft/solid the pancreas has to start "working" and it irritates it. the pancreas must rest.  If u can tolerate liquid diet for a while longer I would say  do it.  Of course no alcohol....good luck and God bless   there is a site on facebook which is VERY helpful for Pancreatitis ppl, its called Pancreatitis Pals and they are really knowledgable.  try it
  • Posted

I'm sorry to hear that. What caused your AP? Gallstones, alcohol?
    • Posted

No clue, the hospital sent me home with a the diet for a few days and said to check up with doctor. Théy did a scan and didnt show anything. I am notna drinker. I maybe have one drink a month. I was when I was younger. Its not cool that I am always tired in pain, and know nothing about my issues.
    • Posted

Scans are often normal in the setting of pancreatitis. Believe me, I have had a lot of them. The most common causes of AP are gallstones and alcohol. Whether you drink or not, IF you have an episode of AP you should never drink again.
    • Posted

I don't plan on drinking again, not something I am going to miss.
    • Posted

I know those are the most common causes, no symptoms of gallstones at least from what my understanding is.
  • Posted

I'm in agreement that staying on a liquid diet for a bit longer would be beneficial especially with acute pancreatitis.  You may want to do a clear liquid diet and when your pancreas can tolerate it go to a full liquid diet.  Good luck and God Bless.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.