Diagnosed with PACs over a month ago

Posted , 5 users are following.

So I am currently at my wits end with what's been going on with me. For over a month now, I've had non-stop PACs, day and night. I've cut out caffeine, alcohol, I've started taking a magnesium supplement, and still nothing. I had an extremely stressful year, which I'm assuming that contributed to this and maybe made these start. Either that or I'm wondering if this is happening because I got the second dose of the Pfizer vaccine at the end of September and then this arrhythmia started beginning of November. I've lost the ability to fall asleep because it constantly feels like a fish flopping in my chest, and no matter how hard i try to relax, nothing changes. I am definitely an anxious person, but this has made it 100 times worse because it won't stop. I've already seen one electrophysiologist that pretty much blew me off and wouldn't even listen to me, so I'm getting a second opinion in a couple weeks. Does anyone know if an ablation is an option to fix this? My blood pressure is too low to try beta blockers, and these PACs occur whether my heart rate is low or high. I just don't know what else to do.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Brittany

Have you read the numerous comments on the numerous threads here on the subject? If not it might help if you did.

Getting a second opinion is good but in the meantime curbing your anxiety is vital.

Have you examined the data on the Vagus nerve which seems to be key?

For example tonal stimulation-basically humming-seems to be helpful to many, as does burping, but the nerve also affects indigestion etc which is another large cause of ectopics.

• Edited

I've read just about thread about this topic... just can't seem to find a solution that works for me. I've literally tried everything, and today has been the worst day with a PAC between every few beats. It's so hard but to be anxious when these ectopic beats are causing more anxiety and sleep deprivation on top of it. I don't know what i did different today that made it worse, i started taking a magnesium supplement on 4 days ago so I hope for some reason that wouldn't make it worse? I'm just so frustrated and angry this has happened. I'm seriously to the point that if this other cardiologist i meet with mentions ablation, I'm going with it. I haven't had not one day of relief in over a month.

• Posted

I have never heard of having an ablation for pac's.

I have gone 3x for an attempted ablation for AT (SVT). Never got to the abated part. Long story.

What type of magnesium are you taking

I take magnesium bis-glycinate at bedtime It's amazing for sleep and settling the flutters

• Edited

I'm taking a magnesium supplement which contains taurate, glycinate, and malate. I only started taking it 5 days ago. The entire supplement is only 150mg but I wanted to not over do it because I'm only 99 pounds and I know too much magnesium can cause problems too. But I'm trying everything, the past few days have been awful and I still couldn't sleep not even for 5 minutes last night because my heart won't stop flip flopping.

• Edited

Hi Brittany711,

I, too, have a persistent PAC issue. For me, the things occur on a 24/7 basis. My PAC burden fluctuates from between 14% and 34%. It never reverts back to an even sinus pattern anymore. These things flared after my first mRNA vaccine injection (Pfizer) in April of this year. They then intensified after my second injection one month later (in May). I saw an EP cardiologist for assessment. When I asked him if he thought my PAC explosion could be related to the vaccine, he said: "I think that's very likely... I and my colleagues have seen too many patients with similar symptoms following vaccination for it not to be a factor." He ordered an echocardiogram and a holter monitor for me. The echo showed my heart to be structurally normal and the holter showed my PAC burden to be 14% (at the time). My EP told me he suspected these events would diminish with time. Well, it has been 8 months since my vaccination and my PACs have in fact become substantially more frequent. Over the last two days, for example, my PAC burden has been 28% and 32% respectively during my monitor periods. The latter value (i.e., 32% from yesterday) was 20-21 PACs per minute at an HR of 64 bpm. While trying to sleep, the persistent 'thud, pause-ing' keeps me awake for most of the night/early morning. It feels like earthquakes in my chest. Unfortunately, my EP recently left the country. I have thus scheduled an appointment with a new EP and will see him in a couple of months.

I've found that most physicians will either deny any relationship between vaccination and heart rhythm change or deny possessing enough knowledge on the topic to discuss it with the patient. There are thus not many places to turn for us. I have done my own research and learned that one possibility is as follows: If the injected vaccine dose breaches a blood vessel in the arm and the clinician fails to aspirate the syringes to determine this fact, the vaccine substance can travel directly to the heart where it may incite a condition known as spike-mediated cardiomyocyte fusion (a clumping of cells known as 'syncytia') that may disrupt the neural pathway beat signals sent to the heart's chambers. There's a study concluding this phenomenon by a research group from the Mayo Clinic that can be found online. The study was headed by researcher Jay W. Schneider. There is also a study that concludes the spike proteins by themselves can attack the body's vascular system. That is, the researchers removed the virus information payload and examined only the mechanism of the spike producing element on cells in the body and found that the spike proteins alone can cause serious tissue damage.

Here's the link: https://scitechdaily.com/covid-19-is-a-vascular-disease-coronavirus-spike-protein-attacks-vascular-system-on-a-cellular-level/

And here's an excerpt from the text:

"In the new study, the researchers created a “pseudovirus” that was surrounded by SARS-CoV-2 classic crown of spike proteins, but did not contain any actual virus. Exposure to this pseudovirus resulted in damage to the lungs and arteries of an animal model—proving that the spike protein alone was enough to cause disease. Tissue samples showed inflammation in endothelial cells lining the pulmonary artery walls.

The team then replicated this process in the lab, exposing healthy endothelial cells (which line arteries) to the spike protein. They showed that the spike protein damaged the cells by binding ACE2. This binding disrupted ACE2’s molecular signaling to mitochondria (organelles that generate energy for cells), causing the mitochondria to become damaged and fragmented.

Previous studies have shown a similar effect when cells were exposed to the SARS-CoV-2 virus, but this is the first study to show that the damage occurs when cells are exposed to the spike protein on its own."

Lastly, I want to make it clear that I actually support the global covid vaccination effort. But in my opinion, they need to make the aspiration step mandatory! Please at least know, Brittany, that I share your frustration and fear. I know that most doctors tell us PACs are harmless. But there exist some unsettling statistical studies about PACs as well. Perhaps the conclusions from those studies shouldn't be taken lightly. I personally am considering a catheter ablation at this point. But if my condition is the result of syncytia, I question whether it would make any difference.

• Edited

in March 2020 i had Covid Symptoms on the fourth day i developed those horrible PVC ...Nearly two years down the line and it never completely gone away been on and off through this time ,,,worst feeling ever ..with every PVC i feel the angel of death is taking my soul away ...it disappeared for nearly three months in the summer and i start to forget about it and then boom currently iam having a very bad episode started nearly over two months ago and is still going ,,,iam at the edge because of it ...NHS been bad ,,,when i first had it i went to my GP and she said they cannot refer me because of Covid ..i went private and got the echo done and was normal and also got the Holter monitor for seven days which showed mainly PVC and rare PAC....since this last episode started i went to the GP and she referred me for Holter monitor end of October and iam still waiting...i had a private Consultation with a very good electrophysiologist here in Scotland and told me you may need an ablation for the PVC but he wont ablate the PAC he didn't give a reason and forgot to ask him why ...but i think because of the sinus node and AV node located in the Atrium...anyway looks like iam going to head to the middle east get the ablation done ,,,i cant live like this iam sick of it ..and i bought a 24h ECG which recorded nearly 2000 PVC in my worst days ...it calmed down a bit but i still get loads ..before Covid i never had any issue with my heart and was excercising regularly. when i first had those Ectopics i thought it was coming from my stomach....Covid itself and MRNA vaccines like pf and Mod. can cause heart issues caused by heart inflammation Myocarditis

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.