Diagnosed with PCOS 5 years ago but...

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi,

Really hope someone can help. I was unofficially diagnosed with PCOS 5-6 years ago. Unoffically as it was picked up during an ultrasound because I had to find out why having sex hurt. The technician mentioned I had it and when I asked what it was, she said 'oh, you just might get cysts'. I went to doctors to find out more but unfortunately got the worst doctor. I'd already googled the main pointers of PCOS so had scared myself silly about never having children. Doctor told me nothing and advised me to try and have a baby as I was young and happy (24). I was young and happy and it only took 4 months to conceive with me also changing diet but was still scared I'd never be a mum. My son is now 5. Moving on to present times, for the last few years I've been pretty regular, usually around 35-40 days but suddenly it's been around 63 (9 weeks). I have some PMS symptoms but I feel different. I'm also aware it could be stress now that we're all living in a new world right now and I've become a home-schooler and isolated from the world. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. I do know a home test will be best to know for sure but in case it's negative, I'd like to know if anyone has experienced this before and have no-one close to ask really.

Thanks for reading 😃

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi, I have just run into your post whilst doing a little research on my own PCOS symptoms. I too have PCOS which was identified when coming off the pill and trying to start a family back in 2015. I now have 2 children, 1 conceived with clomid and one naturally with continued lifestyle changes. I just wanted to let you know that you are not alone and I too have found fluctuations in my cycle lengths. Some can be as long as 100 days which I realise is not ideal. I do find that when I am not taking complete care of myself in terms of my stress levels, exercising regularly, having quality sleep and eating well, my cycles seem to become more irregular. I know how difficult things are though in our current circumstances in isolation. You are doing brilliantly home-schooling. My children are not old enough to worry about that yet but I can imagine its hard. I will say I find acupuncture hugely beneficial and has really helped to regulate my cycles in the past. I also try to find sometime to myself amidst the chaos of family life and relax.

Sorry I can not be of any further help and I hope your symptoms improve soon.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.