Diagnosed with PE 10 days ago. Can I travel 1.5 hrs to watch WWE?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi everyone, I have been newly  diagnosed with PE. I have a blood clot in my left lung.  I have just started to feel better but have been suffering from prolonged and severe flow with my Period. I’m currently on blood thinners. But I bought these tickets for WWE to take my husband a while ago. I really want to go but am not sure if it is safe and I forgot to ask my doctor about it. I feel much better now do small chores around the house and haven’t had a pain attack in 4 days. Can someone help me if I can still travel an hour and a half each way to watch the WWE show.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Raam,

I am sure you can, just make sure you exercise your feet as you are sitting for a long time. Because you are on anticoagulants your blood has thinned way. Enjoy.

• Posted

Seeing as I'm not a doctor you should contact your doctor to confirm if you can or not. But from personal experience you are on thinners and typically you want to walk for 10 minutes up and down the aisle every 45 minutes. While sitting in your seat you can excerzies your feet heel to toe every so often and drink plenty of water. But again I'm not a doctor and if you need reassurance you should contact your doctor.

• Posted

As TGrove said, go and enjoy yourself. As far as moving around, I have never heard of 10 minutes walking every 45 minutes - no offense meant, but sounds like a nonsense internet rumour. Think about it - how far do you walk every 45 minutes when you are in bed? wink

The key is to use you common sense. Move a bit on a regular basis, sufficient to make you comfortable. If you are moving so often it is a nuisance, it is probably more than necessary.

Have fun!

P

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.