Diagnosed with RVOT-VT

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi all!

I was diagnosed with RVOT-VT earlier in the week. I was originally diagnosed with WPW as I had 230bpm recorded on 24hr halter monitor and evidence of Delta wave on resting ecg, but during EP study last week, they triggered my palpitations I've been getting which turned out to be sustained VT (approx 4mins worth and 260bpm recorded). They've ruled out ARVD following my MRI results and I'm back on the waiting list for an urgent ablation.

I understand this is a benign condition, but I haven't fully wrapped my head around it. What causes it? What about the condition makes it safe? Is it a safe rhythm? I tend to get palpitations almost all day (have done for years) and then sustained VT during exercise. If I chose to exercise, would I do myself any damage? I am struggling to find any info online about this particular condition, and have more questions than answers.

Hope you can help!

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Did they give you a beta blocker to slow your hr down?
    • Posted

Hey, no not this time, I was on bisroporol when diagnosed with WPW but they actually made my palpitations worse. Have been told I don't need anything between now and ablation, that beta blockers might make palpitations worse, just been told to just avoid exercise and take it easy.

• Posted

I am on beta blocker to slow my heart rate down.

Just take one a day.

They are called BISOPROLOL.

Sarah

• Posted

Hey Sarah, do you have the same condition? I was on bisroporol when diagnosed with WPW, I found they made palpitations more frequent. Now with RVOT-VT diagnosis, I've been told I don't really need them, just need to avoid exercise.

• Posted

Hi Jennifer, Ventricular Tachycardia is one of the dangerous arrhythmia, I had RVOT-VT, they gave me Bisoprolol which has ruined my life and lost me my job, so you are good to avoid it. Bisoprolol itself had me in A&E so they took me off it and tried to give me Sotalol instead, because I had been made so ill be Bisoprolol, I was reluctant to take it, without a beta blocker however, I was going into sustained VT every day, the hospital knew about this as I have an implanted loop recorder, when the cardiologist asked why I was going into VT every day, I told him I was taking the beta blocker, he said I might die if I dont take it, so I did for about a week, and instantly developed a cough that is only starting to go 14 months later. So I was back on the VTs every day, for 12 hours at a time some time until I had an ablation last April.

So I would try and avoid anything that brings your VT on, but also avoid the beta blockers. Here is a picture of my VT. 

• Posted

Hi Peter, thanks the reply!

I guess that's where I'm confused, it's a dangerous arrythmia, but the cardiologist made it sound like it was nothing to worry about as it's not ARVD therefore won't kill me. Made me feel like it's more of a 'cosmetic' condition; a bit annoying but really not going to do much damage even if I go into sustained VT. Have I misunderstood? What's your understanding of it from when you spoke to your cardiologist?

That's such a shame re: bisroporol, I was only on it for a month there, it made my regular palpitations more regular but slightly weaker, and turned me into a zombie for the first week or so. After that, I was ok on them but again, was only for a short period of time. Glad to not be on them now!

How did you find the ablation? Has it fixed you?

Jen

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.