Diagnosed with TN

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello 

I am new to this forum and seeking some home remedies solutions.  I was recently diagnosed last year with Trigeminal Neuralgia.  I go in for injections every four months.  However, I was looking for perhaps some less invasive approach.  I've read that some essential oils are good for TN.  Has anyone tried essential oils?  If so, which ones?  Thank you in advance.

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi, I totally admire you having the injections every 4 months I tried these 3 times but they only worked for 3 weeks, I feel for you as they are not nice.

I have acupuncture which has worked wonderful for me, it was every 2 weeks to begin with but now after 11 months of being medication free I go between 6-8 weeks and think it is worth a try for anyone.

Best of luck

• Posted

Hi !

Thank you for taking the time out to reply to my post.  Never thought about acupunture.  Will look into it.  I know I had an injection this past Thursday but so far, not finding relief with this injection.  Though I guess it could be allergies as it's nearing that time of year.  I take a B complex everyday also.

• Posted

I do Accupuncture too and it's very helpful. Find someone experienced and who knows about TN. Also avoid high potassium foods like bananas, it's very bad for TN. Vitamin b is good for TN as well. Best of luck x

• Posted

Yes agree someone who has experience of TN. Didnt know about vitaming B thanks :-)
    • Posted

Thank you for the suggestion.  I agree, a good acupunturist is hard to find.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.