Diagnosed with urethral stricture 27 need some advice

Posted , 2 users are following.

when I was born I had major hypospadia reconstructive surgery of my whole urinary canal I never seem to have an issue with this until about three years ago I started noticing my urine stream going left and right spraying everywhere fast forward to years later I’ve noticed I was having constant urination painful urination as well as frequent urination and urine leakage I went to urologist he performed a prostate exam check to rule out cancer then a bladder ultrasound as well as a kidney ultrasound everything came back fine fast forward I couldn’t P one morning I pushed hard and thought something tear and was able to urinate again two days later cutting Germany went to the hospital for bladder but before they put a catheter in me I was able to urinate by myself without it I waited hours at the hospital they ended up performing a urethrogram which was an x-ray of the inside of my penis shaft with a small catheter which was very painful to me they discovered I had a stricture that was really tight now my question is this how come I was able to urinate without having a catheter put in me after this procedure I went home and I have had a normal urine stream better than I’ve had in years why was that if they didn’t even do a dilation on me anyways I’m going back on December 14th for follow-up with my new urologist are most likely looking into doing dilation because the type of surgery scares the hell out of me

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

hi there, curios to check how you are going now, just placing a catheter for a few hours can help empting the bladder. Have they performed a cystoscopy to check the exact length of your strictures ?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.