Diagnosed with vasculitis in 2014

Posted , 3 users are following.

It’s hard to believe how many people are effected by vasculitis.  In January of 2014 I was given a flu and pneumonia shot.  About a week later I broke out in a rash from my feet to my belly.  So I went back to the doctor and he referred me to the Dermotalogy clinic.  The doctor there ran som blood work and he did a biopsy which he did one at ou hospital and the othe one was send away.  Both cameback with the same result. He told me it was an inflammation of my blood vessel but cause is unknown. I was treated for a while with steroids and it went away.  The second time I had an inflammation I was seen by a different doctor but until today I could not say what the cause was.  She put me on a presqription called colchicine which controlled it.  Since November I had to undergo a hormone treatment for 10 days each and less then a week it caused an inflammation from my feet up to my belly. Durning the day it’s just red spots and in the late afternoon around 4:30 it raises up and burns.  I took pictures every time it inflamed so I could show it to my doctors. It’s never inflamed when I see them.  It can be so frustrating to have to live with this and hubby has never seen this

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi Erika

could you have Urticaria? An autoimmune issue? Have you tried taking Over the counter Allegra?  I have Chronic Urticaria and Allegra helps take away the hives.

• Posted

It is very frustrating to deal with this as you never know when it is going to strike- I became over vigilant with all my symptoms. I was making myself crazy. It is very frustrating to deal with this as you never know when it is going to strike- I became over vigilant with all my symptoms. 

You are not alone and unfortunately there are many of us who suffer with this with you. Maybe with all of us becoming more vocal and documenting the illness we might come up with a cure or make it more known so people can get help quicker.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.