Diagnosed with vestibular neurtis. Since December 2nd 2017 and it's been 3 weeks

Posted , 2 users are following.

went to the ER on December 2nd. No spinning or nausea. Just extreme wobbly and I cannot stand up straight and everything felt extreme if i moved my head.That night, they gave me valium in er to calm me down and did a MRI to rule out strokes , head injuries etc. I was feeling alittle better a few hours later in the ER so I went home.

Then on December 12th, same symptoms. Went in ER the doctor injected dexamethasone.It worked within 15 minutes and I left ER after an hour with a 5 day prescription.

Later that week I saw an audiologist and neurologist and was diagnosed w vestibular neurtis.

It's been over 3 weeks now. I still feel wobbly, not good enough to return to work. They may go ahead and fire me. Fml. The dexamethasone seems to reduce it 50%, meaning I can make it to the bathroom without slowly crawling or days I drive uber when I'm feeling ok enough. But even that's risky.

Was reading an article in the Cleveland clinic, it said generally severe symptoms last 3 weeks ??

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Thinking of writing my will soon
  • Posted

Don't give up hope. Maybe seek a second opinion. I've been dealing with undiagnosed dizziness for 2 months now and I just keep at my doctors throats about it. I'm going to start physical therapy this week. And also trying a chiropractor while I wait to see a neurologist in January. I know in my heart that it'll get better I just have to be patient. Just because it takes some people 3 weeks, it may be a little longer for you. Try to get a positive outlook, even if it seems impossible. Hang in there.

• Posted

I cant. About to lose my job tommorw. Then apartment soon after. Then car payments.This is random lottery from hell. I'm 40 unmarried single no kids. Live alone anyhow. I can't sit straight in my bed with out the world feeling like constant earthquake. I've been taking dexamethasone. It works 50% of the time. So can at least crawl to the bathroom.

Reading other patient blogs, this is going to be long term. And if I ever "come out of it" i will never be the same.I was an aircraft pilot.This will be a solitary prison I didn't do anything to deserve. I am exploring options to end things early.

• Posted

Are you a veteran? Don't do anything extreme. There are other options out there. No one's story is the same.

• Posted

I'm not a veteran. I've had burst appendicitis when I was young . I'd rather experience that all over again than this s**t. This is life altering.I will nevrr be the same from reading other ppls stories. I'm not that smart there's nothing else I could do besides possibly collect disability checks?? And hold up in a cheap hotel room somewhere. A couple of friends and one relative.I get that

Part,someone always wants to save someone.But this is my body my life. Its turning in on me. The only thing I have left is cognitive function the ability to end this while I still can.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.