diagnosed with vitiligo 2 months ago, need help dealing with it

Posted , 25 users are following.

I'm a 29 year old female and I recently found out I had vitiligo about 2 months ago. It first started as a small patch on my face, I didn't think anything of it since I'm always in the sun until it started to spread. I have a darker complexion and the white patches are starting to spread more and more. They're around my eyes, on my chin, and on my cheeks. I've noticed a spot on my back and a few more spots forming on my stomach. I am not one that is obsessed with my looks, I've always been one that is confident with what I was given. But this, this is a hard pill to swallow. I can't stop starring at it, it's taking over my life, all I do is think about it. I am paranoid and constantly putting make up on. I don't feel comfortable being around others without make up. I am extremely self-conscious. When I first found out I had it, I broke down and started crying. I felt empty and hopeless. Reading posts of people saying they've had success with getting rid of it gives me a little hope and piece of mind. My Dr. Prescribed me with an ointment called Tacrolimus, has anyone had any success with this? Are there any other suggestions? I know this post is all over the place, but these are the thoughts that have been haunting me for the past two months. I try and not let it get to me, but it's a constant struggle. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!!

0 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Another thing don't put Oxsoralen close to your eyes be careful..

• Posted

facing vitiligo for almost 10 year, spreading only on my hands, year over year during summer i saw a new spots, this is the first year it has stopped, the only change i did was my diet, i was diagnosed with milk intolerance with higher IGG and IGM antibodies, done by gastroenterologist, not any self tests, i dont eat any dairy products, after 2 years of eliminating from my diet, vitiligo seems to be fix from spreading, also before eliminating dairy i used to be sick minimum twice a year, now if i get cold it takes maximum of day to feel some symptoms and then i am back to normal, so feels like my immune system is stronger

• Posted

Hi, My daughter who is 5 years old has been diagnosed with Vitiligo.

As a mum I am very sad for her .But I am trying to be strong.

my daughter is a bubbly and confident child.

she has white patches on her eyelids and around the eyes.

I can see some new patches coming.

I am new to the forum and would like help and advise.

Many thanks Ruchi

• Posted

If the doctor prescribed it, its gotta be good right. I am sure there are others ointments you could try should this one fail.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.