Diagnosed yesterday.

Posted , 6 users are following.

hi. I went to see a rheumatologist yesterday, she asked a few questions, and did the usual fibromyalgia test and said that she was  100% certain that i had fibromyalgia. Maybe also Sjögren's syndrome. 

Is it "normal" to have both fibro and sjøgrens? 

I didnt Even think that fibro could be it, because of my Ana and ssa.

im so confused now, and what happens next? She said it's no treatment for fibro... 

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Linda,

what is the "usual fibro test"? I've not been to a rheumatologist

• Posted

Tenderpoints. Im having a hard time explaining in English
    • Posted

Ah yes, of course! I had forgotten...another symptom of fibro 🙄

You asked about cures for fibro....as far as I know there isn't one, it's just a case of applying damage limitation...looking after yourself as best you can and eating healthily. Not overdoing things, getting all the sleep you can and a bit of exercise if you are able 

• Posted

Aha. I need to read some about this. Are fibromyalgia also an autoimmune illness? Damage control wise...
  • Posted

yes I have 3..for 30 years..SS for 30 years...Fibro and chronic fatigue for 22 ...😘😘 keep loosing my message,,sorry it's short..😘😘

• Posted

oh, I'm sorry . Are you able to work any at all? I've been out of work for almost two years.

• Posted

I've been dealing for 8 yrs honestly I've never had these issues till after having Lyme. But the pain and spasms have increased. Meds are needed to help me function and the only cure is to eat right and excercise daily no matter what for 30 mins no movement is worse and don't talk a day or 2 off because your body will kill. I do yoga for beginners on YouTube from home it helps I have to get painful deep tissue massages once every 2 -3 weeks because my tissue gets stuck

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.